Resolved [Workaround Found] Double (re)boot caused by Google play system update

Sunset

Members
Aug 9, 2023
Related: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...ystem-update-wont-install-on-xiaomi-eu.70000/

Since the latest Google Play system update won't install properly, users may experience double reboot (once for installation error) when they reboot their devices or a reboot when they boot their devices.

The latest Google Play system update inatalls automatically and there's no simple way to disable it.

Will flashing the latest DEV ROM fix this problem?

Last edited:
Related: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...ystem-update-wont-install-on-xiaomi-eu.70000/

Since the latest Google Play system update won't install properly, users may meet double reboot (once for installation error) when they reboot their devices or a reboot when they boot their devices.

The latest Google Play system update inatalls automatically and there's no simple way to disable it.

Will flashing the latest DEV ROM fix this problem?
The devs say that ROMs built after Sept 13th should be flsage already l. Which version do you use?

Stable on July.
I'm switching to beta exactly because of this issue and a high risk of having the same issue in the future because GPS can update almost anything, anytime. Seems MIUI betas are more stable than stable

I'm switching to beta exactly because of this issue and a high risk of having the same issue in the future because GPS can update almost anything, anytime. Seems MIUI betas are more stable than stable
Sadly no more beta for Umi

But GPS update on stable and on beta as well or not? Why beta is then more safe?

But GPS update on stable and on beta as well or not? Why beta is then more safe?
Because they patched it quickly and within a week we have a fix. Stable ROMs are published once in 2 or more months.

Reactions: body-mg