Resolved Latest Google play system update won't install on Xiaomi eu

Sep 12, 2023
Latest Google play update won't install on eu rom.
Tried on 2 devices, Xiaomi 13 Pro and Xiaomi 13 Ultra. Both, stable and dev roms, version doesn't matter.
After going to Security status and then search for Google play system update it downloads 20 mb update, installs and restarts phone, then after boot it restarts again and update is not installed (Google play security patch is the same and it prompts to update again).
Miui global does download a 65 mb update and updates successfully, without issues.

This is due to how Google used symbolic links for certain base ART libraries in this update, instead of including the actual files. This can't be fixed at the moment.

This is due to how Google used symbolic links for certain base ART libraries in this update, instead of including the actual files. This can't be fixed at the moment.
Any workarounds? Is it possible to download and install the update manually? :emoji_thinking:

Does that mean xiaomi eu is dead from now on? What to do? Because using a rom without being able to update to latest security updates more or less means that. Kind of don't wanna go back to global miui. This update won't be included in the newer xiaomi eu builds?

Got this bug on latest stable mondrain ROM and Patreon Dimensity ROM (chopin).
I don't think that xiaomi eu is dead. This seems not to be an unfixable/no workaround issue.

Last edited:
Any workarounds? Is it possible to download and install the update manually? :emoji_thinking:
No, it's not possible to install that, it crashes the system and reverts to previous version.

Does that mean xiaomi eu is dead from now on? What to do? Because using a rom without being able to update to latest security updates more or less means that. Kind of don't wanna go back to global miui. This update won't be included in the newer xiaomi eu builds?
That's your opinion. It's like saying that China ROM is dead because APEX are only updated when then ROM is updated and not from Google Play. It's entirely optional.

Reactions: Spookie
Is this a bug of the patch itself or incompatibility with the xiaomi.eu firmware?

Is this a bug of the patch itself or incompatibility with the xiaomi.eu firmware?
Incompatibility. We only use a few of Google's APEX, the rest (including ART APEX) are generic APEX.
If we use Google's ART APEX, the ROM won't even boot because it requires patching and re-signing (which will conflict with Google Play system update too).

So in future xiaomi eu updates this update will be included as soon as its updated in China rom?
Also in China roms there is no such thing as updating to google play security updates through security status and its only being updated with rom updates?
Sorry If my questions are a bit stupid, I never experienced a chinese rom before.

So in future xiaomi eu updates this update will be included as soon as its updated in China rom?
No, the incompatible Google APEX will be dropped and the generic APEX will be used instead so Google Play system update won't try to update them.
If those generic APEX will be updated in China ROM, then sure, consequentially it will be included with our ROMs.

Also in China roms there is no such thing as updating to google play security updates through security status and its only being updated with rom updates?
Yes. Certain APEX (carrier-related configs) may be pushed with China ROM's Updater app as well, although it's irrelevant to us.

Is this new art apex update the cause of issues by any means? I suppose, we are missing out on 30% decrease of app startup times, sadly
Maybe... I don't know if the August update has the ART 14 APEX.

Anyways, is it possible to at least have opportunity to somehow update to the patch, that was before the problematic one? I had to reset my phone and now my Google play update is 1st September 2022, before the update that could not install it was 1st July 2023.
Also another question, will Xiaomi eu update to Android 14 miui 15 as soon as miui China gets the update?

Attachments

• IMG_20230914_210035.jpg
    IMG_20230914_210035.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 347
Anyways, is it possible to at least have opportunity to somehow update to the patch, that was before the problematic one? I had to reset my phone and now my Google play update is 1st September 2022, before the update that could not install it was 1st July 2023.
Not really. Google provided no such possibility.

Also another question, will Xiaomi eu update to Android 14 miui 15 as soon as miui China gets the update?
Can't be predicting the future.

Now my phone says the July 1st update is the latest version. Could that mean that Google rolled back the update?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-16-15-11-26-846_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-16-15-11-26-846_com.android.vending.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 243
Now my phone says the July 1st update is the latest version. Could that mean that Google rolled back the update?
No, as I already explained:
No, the incompatible Google APEX will be dropped and the generic APEX will be used instead so Google Play system update won't try to update them.
If those generic APEX will be updated in China ROM, then sure, consequentially it will be included with our ROMs.

No, as I already explained:
This thing made my camera not working.....media...and sound broken and everything you related to social media... YouTube and camera is broken whenever i install it...is there any solution
I have now to wipe data. Each time

Reactions: Emilis
This thing made my camera not working.....media...and sound broken and everything you related to social media... YouTube and camera is broken whenever i install it...is there any solution
I have now to wipe data. Each time
No idea, unable to reproduce on multiple devices.

Now Google Play system update is trying to install the update again. This is causing double reboot (once for installation failure) when users try to reboot their device.
Is it possible to temporarily disable Google Play system auto update?

Reactions: FurriousFox
Reactions: Zezebro
Sorry, I'm considering a xiaomi 13U but want to understand any potential issues with the ROM first.

What does this actually mean? What are the actual ramifications?

The ROM states "google app support" does this mean main google apps will run but no google play services?
Or it has google play services but it wont get updated unless xiaomi puts out something? It's based on the china rom so does it even have google play services?
As I understand it, google play services is how Google puts out updates (features/security) quickly in between big updates from phone mfrs or after the mfr stops support.