How To Flash Redmi Note 3 Pro From Gearbest

Latinumking

Members
Jul 27, 2016
Hi There
I ordererd a Redmi note 3 Pro from Gearbest. I like the phone but realised that with the delivered Version of the MUI, I am note able to update to newer versions of MUI versions due to restrictions of Gearbest.

I read a lot that there needs to be a new rom installed in order to get regular updates.
As I am new on Xiaomi, I like to ask how to proceed and which rom to install. Thank you very much for your valuable help.

Kind regards
Lati

I can't direct you to another reply of mine, because I can't post links, so I'll just paste it here:

I just did it on a Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm 32/3 Gb with a locked bootloader. It took me some time to figure it out, so maybe I'll help you keep things shorter.

My phone had a vendor modified ROM (lots of bloatware) of the china version. By the way, don't imagine China version is unusable, you can set it to english. I wasn't aware of it, because it had Google playstore installed and this was my first encounter with Miui, so I didn't know what to expect.

I tried installing the stable global ROM and didn't know why the updater app on the phone refused to recognise it. When I finally understood what was happening I updated to China stable and I got rid of the bloatware, but still wasn't happy because of obvious reasons...

After searching for solutions on the miui.com forum, I found this guide which helped me get the global stable rom with a locked bootloader:

(can't post links apparently, so just google thread-235865-1-1)

Following the exact steps described there worked for me. I'm not sure if it would have worked directly over the vendor ROM, but I guess that things should have been the same.

KEEP IN MIND that when selecting the ROM folder in MiFlash you should point to a folder containing the ROM, not an archive. For that I had to uncompress twice the file downloaded with the fastboot ROM (because it was an archive inside another one). By the way, remember this, FASTBOOT ROM, not recovery.

It's not that hard, but if you're a computer "illiterate" you should make sure you understand what you're doing. Good luck and let me know if it worked.