Problem With The Last Version For Mipad2

daniele.pintus

Members
Jan 13, 2016
Hi guys, I tryed to install the last version xiaomi.eu in my MiPad2 (6.8.25) but I see the error and the installation is abort.
Now I have the old version (6.3.17) and the TWRP is deleted. :O
I made the installation of 6.8.25 from "update" and not TWRP.
Ok, now the problem: I try to re-install TWRP. In fastboot mode I see the installation is ok, but when restart my tab with "start-volume+" I don't have the TWRP but original Recovery from MIUI.
What is the best way for try to re-install TWRP and install the last update (6.8.25)?
Thanks to much.

Install twrp andthen rebbot directly in twrp, otherwise miui recoveri reinstalls.

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

The problem is the TWRP doesn't work if I try to install with the standard method (in fastboot mode). Or better, the procedure is ok but really dosen't work in mipad

It seems does not work, but the problem is that if you install twrp and reboot directly into it, and then install directly the rom, you are ok.
If you install twrp and then reboot normally, during reboot android miui system reflash old standard recovery, and you must restart procedure from the beginning to have again twrp in your device.

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

Restart with Vol+ Vol- Power, when it starts, release power.

It will enter DNX FASTBOOT MODE

In command promp enter:
C:\mipad2\fastboot devices
*You should see your device listed
C:\mipad2\fastboot boot loader.efi
*Appears a bunny on mipad2 screen
C:\mipad2\fastboot oem reboot recovery

It should go to TWRP if previously installed.

That's the only way I can access TWRP.

The files needed:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f0wkef8hkmaq9qa/AAAG4mkjqZEt7i2emh6f8Zkua?dl=0

Guys,

I also have problems flashing and running the xiaomi.eu firmware on my brand new MiPad 2 :)
I successfully installed TWRP and I'm able to flash from the recovery - no problem wit that.

Then I tried the following:
- flashing xiaomi.eu_multi_MIPAD2_6.9.1_v8-5.1.zip: flashed successfully but does not include GApps. So I downloaded the x86_64 Gapps(nano) package from OpenGApps and flashed it. After that the device does not pass the initial language setting. Instead it notifies that "unfortunately Settings has stopped"
- flashing xiaomi.eu_multi_MIPAD2_V7.5.2.0.LACCNDE_v7-5.1.zip: flashed and started successfully. But it always notifies that "unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped". I can't add a new Google account to the device.

I found some hints in other threads about "formatting the data partition" and "updating Google WebServices APK".

My conclusion is, I miss some information about the complete process of updating my Pad to the xiaomi.eu firmware. Can somebody please shed some light on this topic and answer the following questions:

- What format should the data partition have (ext3, ext4, ...)? And where can the avaerage user check this information?
- What is the correct flashing process for MIUI 7.5 and 8? (Including SuperSU)
* Flash which files (version!) in which sequence?
* When to clean the partitions System, (Dalvik) Cache and Data? Before flashing? After flashing? In between or never?
* How to flash MIUI and GApps? (E.g. Flash MIUI - rebot into system and set up MIUI - reboot into TWRP - flash GApps)
- In general: what are the preconditions which sould be met for the system to successfully flash either of the xiaomi.eu packages? (Recovery, flash file versions, GApps versions, partition formats and status, partitions cleared or not, ...)

Thank you
Stefan

I was thinking that last xiaomi eu roms have gapps preinstalled... But i haven't tried from a stock device. I suggest you to start from a clean state, wiping all and formatting data to ext4, so you have a clean tablet to start. I've come the procedure with stable 7.5.2 and it works, installed rom 2 times, wipe cache davlik and boot, con figure, and then start again in twrp and install gapps Pico, without wipe, reboot tablet, and update Google webview taking it from apkmirror, and after updating it, Google service like Gmail and play store work well. You Can try it also with dev MIUI 8 roms, and write here results. It's Easy procedure, but frustrating and time consuming, if you don't do the right combinazione.

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Stefan Schober, you are complicating :)

xiaomi.eu MIUI 8 has already gapps installed.

Yes, it is true that on first wizard gives an error "Google Play Services has stopped working.". Skip the google account configuration. Then download the APK "Android System WebView" from the internet and install on mipad2.

Then you can setup your account :)

Regarding what you should wipe. I like to wipe almost everything.

TWRP
Before install ROM
-Wipe Dalvik cache, System, Cache, Data, Internal Storage
Right after install ROM, before first wizard
-Wipe Dalvik cache, Cache, Data, Internal Storage

See instructions here http://en.miui.com/thread-162840-1-1.html

Why am I complicating? :D
If so, it can only be a very little bit... ;)

First of all let me thank all of you and also the other guys who provided helpful information in many other threads. You are just great! :)

And yes, my Pad now runs the latest MIUI.eu 8 with a working google account.
Fixing the FS format of the data partition to ext4 and updating the webview.apk finally did the trick :)

The core problem I found however is, what djbosanac wrote in his thread "Need A Tutorial For Unlocking, Installing Twrp, And Roms!!!". There is a lot of useful information in this forum. But it is distributed among a big number of threads and posts.

Unfortunately the information provided is partly contradicting. For example:
  • fousa says (see above) that he uses to wipe all partitions including System and Data befor flashing.
  • papka__ in his very informative thread "Instruction, How To Fix Google Market Error 963 Part 2" explicitely warns in big bold faced letters to ever touch System.

I have to admit, I'm not new to changing Android versions and firmware to devices and usually I find the information I need and can fix the problems. Yet I also think a tutorial which collects all the information in one place and which is sticky on top of a forum, so less experienced users are pointed to this in the firts place, would be extremely helpful.
Unfortunately I feel still to be too less experienced with the MiPad 2 to set up such a tutorial on my own...

Any comments are highly appreciated
Stefan

Why am I complicating? :D
If so, it can only be a very little bit... ;)

First of all let me thank all of you and also the other guys who provided helpful information in many other threads. You are just great! :)

And yes, my Pad now runs the latest MIUI.eu 8 with a working google account.
Fixing the FS format of the data partition to ext4 and updating the webview.apk finally did the trick :)

The core problem I found however is, what djbosanac wrote in his thread "Need A Tutorial For Unlocking, Installing Twrp, And Roms!!!". There is a lot of useful information in this forum. But it is distributed among a big number of threads and posts.

Unfortunately the information provided is partly contradicting. For example:
  • fousa says (see above) that he uses to wipe all partitions including System and Data befor flashing.
  • papka__ in his very informative thread "Instruction, How To Fix Google Market Error 963 Part 2" explicitely warns in big bold faced letters to ever touch System.

I have to admit, I'm not new to changing Android versions and firmware to devices and usually I find the information I need and can fix the problems. Yet I also think a tutorial which collects all the information in one place and which is sticky on top of a forum, so less experienced users are pointed to this in the firts place, would be extremely helpful.
Unfortunately I feel still to be too less experienced with the MiPad 2 to set up such a tutorial on my own...

Any comments are highly appreciated
Stefan

About not touching system partition - my fault. Actually this should be removed. It's remained from old instruction before we found that GAPPS problem is only in the way how tab is unlocking. Every time you flashing any ROM, system partition wiped anyway. In any recovery.
About common tutorial - I will try to write something like that. I need to adjust some things and find a time.

Hi there, i might need some help for a beginner.
my mipad is stuck at dnx fast boot, so ehat do i have to do to unlock the bootloader and be able to install a custom rom from here? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, i might need some help for a beginner.
my mipad is stuck at dnx fast boot, so ehat do i have to do to unlock the bootloader and be able to install a custom rom from here? any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you only can start on dnx fastboot have to use miflash and flash a china fastrom.

Have a look into my last post. I made xiaomi.eu ROM flashable from fastboot. No need of custom recovery.