Xiaomi Warranty

victor nica

Members
Sep 23, 2016
Hi, Im Victor and I am from Romania.

This week a purchased a Mi4c( unlocked bootloader) from a local retailer.The phone passed from Xiaomi to a reseller an then to my local retailer. The problem was that the reseller made the MIUI unusable, the biggest problem being the fast battery drain.

I had to change the MIUI so I followed some tutorials from here, installed TWRP through fastboot and then a stable ROM. Everything is working fine now.

My question for you is if Xiaomi approves such changes of software to phones that have unlocked bootloader?

Its importan because my locals retailer warranty depends on this matter:

"No warranty for:
1.__
2__
3.__
4. Changes to software or hardware that are not authorized by the manufacturer."

Thank you!

If i was at your place, i would flash custom ROM although it will ruin your warranty.
I have MI4C (it was locked), i've unlocked it, flashed TWRP, now i flashed Xiaomi.Eu 6.9.22, and it is amazing ROM...

Last edited:
The Mi4C was never intended to be sold outside of China, so I doubt that Xiaomi's opinion of whether you've flashed the ROM matters. Whatever warranty you have isn't from them but the retailer, so be sure they're OK with what you do.

Mine came with a reseller ROM too. It was horrible. Xiaomi.Eu's the way to go.

Hi, Im Victor and I am from Romania.

This week a purchased a Mi4c( unlocked bootloader) from a local retailer.The phone passed from Xiaomi to a reseller an then to my local retailer. The problem was that the reseller made the MIUI unusable, the biggest problem being the fast battery drain.

I had to change the MIUI so I followed some tutorials from here, installed TWRP through fastboot and then a stable ROM. Everything is working fine now.

My question for you is if Xiaomi approves such changes of software to phones that have unlocked bootloader?

Its importan because my locals retailer warranty depends on this matter:

"No warranty for:
1.__
2__
3.__
4. Changes to software or hardware that are not authorized by the manufacturer."

Thank you!

victor i m from romania too..what version u used? i have problems whit the battery drain

I had version 7.0.99 I think, the version put on by the reseller. The version that I installed its 7.1.6.0 and I get about 4 hours of SOT with medium to intense usage.

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk