Status
Not open for further replies.

jamfanli

Members
Oct 30, 2018
Model: xiaomi mi8se
OS version: 10.0.5(0) stable
Detail:
When you take a photo using Panorama mode, the photo will be distorted and distorted. I don't know if it is a hardware problem. Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Attachments

• PANO_20181030_125451.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 202
Model: xiaomi mi8se
OS version: 10.0.5(0) stable
Detail:
When you take a photo using Panorama mode, the photo will be distorted and distorted. I don't know if it is a hardware problem. Is anyone experiencing the same problem?
Probably your not taking the photo properly using Panoramic mode or your LED lighting is effecting the output.

Probably your not taking the photo properly using Panoramic mode or your LED lighting is effecting the output.

No flash is used. Just normal shooting uses panorama mode. Click the capture button and then pan the phone and finally press the capture button to end

This is another photo. Can see that the entire image was taken as a bend

Attachments

• PANO_20181030_182253.jpg
    PANO_20181030_182253.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 209
I tried to rewrite the ROM. This time I tried the stable version of 10.0.10. But the problem remains. Some people think that the photos I took are not wide enough, then I tried a wider photo. It is obvious that it has been distorted.

Attachments

• PANO_20181101_102658-1.jpg
    PANO_20181101_102658-1.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 204
I tried to rewrite the ROM. This time I tried the stable version of 10.0.10. But the problem remains. Some people think that the photos I took are not wide enough, then I tried a wider photo. It is obvious that it has been distorted.
that usually happens when you dont hold the camera steady.

Same problem on a Mi Mix 2s. Hopping for the new camera App of the Mix Mix 3.

Attachments

• PANO_20181010_195054.jpg
    PANO_20181010_195054.jpg
    661.3 KB · Views: 226
why oh why do people not even try to understand the basics of physics before they complain. There is NO WAY how these images CANNOT end up "distorted", these are the simple laws of optics. It has to do with the angles under which the light reaches the lens. There is no camera in the world that can take undistorted panoramas of these motives. You can only take undistorted panoramas of things that are far away from the lens/camera (landscape), not things within only centimeters or a few meters from the lens. No ROM can change the laws of physics...

why oh why do people not even try to understand the basics of physics before they complain. There is NO WAY how these images CANNOT end up "distorted", these are the simple laws of optics. It has to do with the angles under which the light reaches the lens. There is no camera in the world that can take undistorted panoramas of these motives. You can only take undistorted panoramas of things that are far away from the lens/camera (landscape), not things within only centimeters or a few meters from the lens. No ROM can change the laws of physics...
Yea, also true, also happens when camera is not steady. But things close up wont work for pano as you said. However I've also checked with China Stable ROM for Mix 2S and it is indeed BUGGY!

I've tried a sky scape from my apartment and also get the same distortions with a far-view. So yea, seems there is a bug here but its caused by Chinese developers, not our ROM.

Thank you for your explanation. I seem to start to understand why. In fact, I thought it was caused by the fisheye effect.
Later I found that iphone has the same problem. It is now possible to confirm the fact that my smartphone has no hardware problems.
It seems that I can't rely too much on the panoramic camera function.

I think it depends on how you use the panoramic fonction. It has nothing to do with your hardware don’t worry about it.
I’ve experienced the same issue when I first started to use the panoramic option but with some time and practice I can’t finally make great photos with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.