1.6.3 Theme Manager FC

thederekjay

Members
May 8, 2011
DesireZ 1.6.3 FC when applying themes, wallpapers, ringtones. Even though they still seem to apply if you wait a few seconds, you get an immediate FC after hitting apply...

You could apply theme by waiting after FC...

After hitting "apply" button, FC will be shown, then wait until the theme screen turns to black...
Now hit Force Close the app, and reboot your phone...

**** This method worked on my Captivate device, not 100% sure for DesireZ!! ***

Can someone post the other theme manager plz

Sent from my Nexus One using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Yeah I had the same problem, but I was able to fix it by pushing thememanager.apk from the 1.5.27 update

Same on my i9000, will try Chinese rom as said above

Sent from my GT-I9000 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Saw a thread somewhere that said: flash the chinese MIUI and start the phone. Turn off phone and start into recovery. Wipe chache and dalvik (not factory reset) and flash language pack. I tried this and it worked well. Now, no more FC in theme manager

Working on the N1

1.6.3 Theme Manager FC on Desire GSM here as well.
It occurs when trying to apply any theme, local or online.

I managed to fix it on my Desire GSM by using the tip mvjh01 read in a thread. I installed just the Chinese ROM and booted the phone. I was able to apply themes with no issues (Obviously the entire ROM was in Chinese). I then rebooted back into recovery, cleared cache and applied the language pack. Upon booting the phone I was able to apply themes with no FC's in Theme Manager. The only FC's I have now is with the DND mode and adding blacklist members.

Trick with Chinese rom worked for me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

I just copied the thememanager.apk from the last build and pasted it into the system/app folder in the new build.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

What I did was just to let the theme install while the fc screen is up. Typically 2mins pass until I hit the fc button and then manually reboot. My theme sticks then.

EDIT: I even updated to the latest lang pack and same issue.

Flashing of the Chinese ROM, loading and launching the Theme Manager followed by flashing the language pack did the job for me! (Nexus One)

Yeah. same here on DHD, but as said before pushing the 1.5.27 version of ThemeManager.apk fixes it.

The issue with the theme manger is that its looking for permissions.
Code:
E/AndroidRuntime(  985): java.lang.SecurityException: Requires READ_PHONE_STATE: Neither user 10040 nor current process has android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE
W/AccountManagerService(  148): caller uid 1030 lacks any of android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS
So I added those errors to the manifest.xml
Code:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />

Recompiled the 0610 version and theme manager doesn't FC anymore.

Here is the apk in a flashable zip:
http://ubuntuone.com/p/ybZ/

I guess some people are not seeing this issue. Please respond if this fixes your issue or not. AGAIN, this may or may not work for all devices. Please report.

Gives me this error on install:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "supersonic" || ...

(status 7)

Google Nexus One using the latest Rom & Language pack

Hmm, I'm having issues on my N1 flashing in RA-passion-v2.2.1, lithid.
Code:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "supersonic" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "supersonic"
E:Error in /sdcard/MiuiAndroid-ThemeManager-Fix-0610.zip
(Status 7)

e: whoa, thanks! It doesn't force close anymore, but it seems to just hang while it's applying the new theme...

Fix works perfectly here :) Thanks lithid!

EDIT: Apparently it doesn't work as it should. I set the themes and it says theme set okay, or whatever it says...although nothing changes, it doesn't even do a restart to set the theme. I tried manually restarting but that didn't fix the theme changing! Any ideas lithid?