Invalid 12.1.1.0 Mi Note 10 Lite Gestures

1337mk

Members
Jan 21, 2021
Hi , after installing the update via the updater app and TWRP the gestures are not working anymore. I can set the mode to Gestures in the settings but gestures do not work. Is there any known reason for this or should i just try to clean flash from scratch?

Best regards.

Hi , after installing the update via the updater app and TWRP the gestures are not working anymore. I can set the mode to Gestures in the settings but gestures do not work. Is there any known reason for this or should i just try to clean flash from scratch?

Best regards.

do you use the standard launcher or a 3rd party launcher like nova ? it is working only with the standard launcher.

workaround fluid navigation gestures for 3rd party launchers

I think it is not Launcher related because i cant even exit the menu where u chose navigation method. I see the bar at the bottom but cant interact with the edges or home gesture. :(

I think it is not Launcher related because i cant even exit the menu where u chose navigation method. I see the bar at the bottom but cant interact with the edges or home gesture. :(

Do you use the standard launcher?

Switch back to buttons
Set MIUI launcher as the default launcher
Enable fullscreen gestures.

Or

Switch back to buttons
Install and configure FNG
Enable fullscreen gestures

Hello everyone !

I'm facing the same issue. Gestures do work indeed if I switch to the system launcher, but I would to be able to continue using my launcher of choice. After the recent update gestures stopped working on the Lawnchair launcher. I attempted installing a different one, more specifically Smart Launcher, with no results whatsoever. FNG was not behaving as expected from day one at list in my experience so I opted not to use it. To be more specific, any time I would clean my memory via the Cleaner tool. FNG would stop working. I tried again after seeing your post and the issue persists. As you can understand I m in a bit of a pickle.

Any advice would be more than appreciated !

Thanks in advance

How many times are we supposed to repeat this? On Android 11, the full-screen gestures are provided by the MIUI System launcher, and there are no fallback gestures provided by the system, so you cannot use them if you set any other launcher as default.
If you had the MIUI launcher set as default, then you switch to another launcher, gestures will still work because the MIUI launcher is still running in the background, and will remain so until you force-close it (either by rebooting, clearing memory from Recents panel, or any other method), then the MIUI launcher that's running in the background will be terminated and full-screen gestures along with it.

Read the sticky before posting:

Reactions: katerpanne
How many times are we supposed to repeat this? On Android 11, the full-screen gestures are provided by the MIUI System launcher, and there are no fallback gestures provided by the system, so you cannot use them if you set any other launcher as default.
If you had the MIUI launcher set as default, then you switch to another launcher, gestures will still work because the MIUI launcher is still running in the background, and will remain so until you force-close it (either by rebooting, clearing memory from Recents panel, or any other method), then the MIUI launcher that's running in the background will be terminated and full-screen gestures along with it.

Read the sticky before posting:

Well that was not the case at least so far. Gestures have been working with a custom Launcher from day one even after memory cleans and reatars. What hasn't been working was FNG after restartining or cleaning the memory.

I just created an account man. I haven't even figured out how this portal works yet

Well it did not work like that prior to thr update

Well that was not the case at least so far. Gestures have been working with a custom Launcher from day one even after memory cleans and reatars. What hasn't been working was FNG after restartining or cleaning the memory.

I just created an account man. I haven't even figured out how this portal works yet

Xiaomi decided to implement full gestures only in stock launcher not in system UI and not in poco launcher

Workarounds:
  • Install from GooglePlayStore:
    • Edge Gestures
    • Infinity Gestures
    • Fluid Navigation Gestures
  • Use CustoMIUIzer
    • Laucher -> Gestures -> there you have a lot of options
Or try this without waranty:
./adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

Last edited: