New 12.5.10 some recent apps not open

Me too, the app previews also get transparent.
It happens both in vertical and horizontal mode.

Reactions: IzLife
I get the same issue (Mi 11 Ultra) and only a reboot seems to solve the issue for small period of time.

Men you need choose other THEME or in theme aplication choose other Control Center customization is miui 12 original theme bug
I tried switching themes a number of times and it did not help. Also not sure where you have Control Centre Customisation. I don't have that option.
Screenshot_2021-08-18-16-28-37-100_com.android.thememanager.jpg

I can confirm, happens frequently on my Mi 10. I'm using Nova launcher + FNG, don't know if that makes a difference.
Switching the default launcher to the system, and then back to Nova solves the problem, for some time at least.
41ab0925a295cd5a9b3fd484b5e3b4a6.jpg

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk

Same here. Mi 11 ultra 12.5.12.0, Nova 7. Not sure if Nova is the problem..? Probably not. Anyone running stock launcher with same problem?

I can confirm, happens frequently on my Mi 10. I'm using Nova launcher + FNG, don't know if that makes a difference.
Switching the default launcher to the system, and then back to Nova solves the problem, for some time at least.
41ab0925a295cd5a9b3fd484b5e3b4a6.jpg

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk
Same on my MI10 umi with Apex launcher.

After a reboot the problem stays away for a short period

I get the same issue (Mi 11 Ultra) and only a reboot seems to solve the issue for small period of time.

I tried switching themes a number of times and it did not help. Also not sure where you have Control Centre Customisation. I don't have that option.
sorry men you must choose the status bar and maybe restart the phone

Reactions: Andrew733
problem persist in 21.8.18, on mi10 pro. I can confirm, by rebooting the problem disappears for a couple of hours.

Can you please explain what you mean?
no problen,
in theme app you need choose other status bar(theme-skin) and then reboot the phone.

if dont work for you maybe you need come back to miui official relase and then do a clean installation Xiaomi eu Latest Version the best tool for it *XiaoMi Tool v2 by Francesco Tescari* you must select the option with fastboot icon and then the tool automaticaly downloads the miui official latest relase without close bootloader.
***you need do a security copy of your personal data***
*if you need a apps and config copy: you must go to a Back up and restore options and create mobile device backup, then you will go miui folder-(in the phone) you have it - copy to sd card or pc* - after install you must put in the Miui folder( in the phone) your copy and then come back to Back up and Restore and choose the restore option...

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkingintheforest
The issue seems to happen only with third party launcher. Swapping to default launcher and back to third party one should fix the problem for a while.

As a workaround I managed to create a tasker shortcut that does that and hides my nav bar for third party gesture navigation. The task A1 is the important one to fix recents menu temporarily:

Code:
    Task: Hide Navigation Bar

A1: Go Home [
         Page: 0
         Package: com.miui.home ]

A2: Custom Setting [
         Type: Global
         Name: force_fsg_nav_bar
         Value: 1 ]

Last edited:
The issue seems to happen only with third party launcher. Swapping to default launcher and back to third party one should fix the problem for a while.

As a workaround I managed to create a tasker shortcut that does that and hides my nav bar for third party gesture navigation. The task A1 is the important one to fix recents menu temporarily:

Code:
    Task: Hide Navigation Bar

A1: Go Home [
         Page: 0
         Package: com.miui.home ]

A2: Custom Setting [
         Type: Global
         Name: force_fsg_nav_bar
         Value: 1 ]
Great! I'll definitely try your config out, but I have never used Tasker (but bought it a while ago). Let's see if I can figure out how to do, or do you mind posting a few steps on how to get going?

Reactions: SkyPro
Great! I'll definitely try your config out, but I have never used Tasker (but bought it a while ago). Let's see if I can figure out how to do, or do you mind posting a few steps on how to get going?
I would suggest you read Tasker documentation, it's quiet detailed and useful. You can always click options in top right - info - help this screen.

Apart from that, I can share the task with you but you will need to grant all relevant permissions yourself and remove the second task if you don't want to hide the Nav Bar.

I would suggest you read Tasker documentation, it's quiet detailed and useful. You can always click options in top right - info - help this screen.

Apart from that, I can share the task with you but you will need to grant all relevant permissions yourself and remove the second task if you don't want to hide the Nav Bar.
Thanks, I will install Tasker again and try later today and run adb to approve the write secure setting.