12 Pro Bootloop - bricked?

Piooo

Members
Jan 22, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm afraid that my 12 Pro commited suicide... :/

It's pretty new, only 2 weeks old now. I was using it with the latest Xiaomi.eu ROM a did not have any problems - tilll yesterday.
Out of nowhere it started lagging and crashed during normal use. After the reboot it seemed to be fine again.
But in the following hours it crashed several times and rebooted by itself. Even while sitting on the table with screen off.

Finally it ended in a bootloop.

What I've tried so far:
- reflash Xiaomi.eu ROM without wiping data
- reflash Xiaomi.eu ROM with data wipe
- reflash Global ROM with the Mi Flash Tool and "clean all"
- reflash Global ROM with the Mi Tool, "clean all" and Relock Bootloader
- factory reset in stock recovery
- start without inserted SIM card

What is working:
Fastboot
Recovery Mode (and ADB sideload using the Mi Tool option in recovery mode)
Unlocking the BL using the official Xiaomi Unlock tool

Occasionally it boots into system but crashes afer a short time, so I'm not eben able to complete the setup assistant.
Most of the time it just hangs at the boot screen (the one with the Mi Logo, "Powered by Android" text and open lock at the top).

Any suggestions how to bring it back to life? :)

Pio

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid that my 12 Pro commited suicide... :/

It's pretty new, only 2 weeks old now. I was using it with the latest Xiaomi.eu ROM a did not have any problems - tilll yesterday.
Out of nowhere it started lagging and crashed during normal use. After the reboot it seemed to be fine again.
But in the following hours it crashed several times and rebooted by itself. Even while sitting on the table with screen off.

Finally it ended in a bootloop.

What I've tried so far:
- reflash Xiaomi.eu ROM without wiping data
- reflash Xiaomi.eu ROM with data wipe
- reflash Global ROM with the Mi Flash Tool and "clean all"
- reflash Global ROM with the Mi Tool, "clean all" and Relock Bootloader
- factory reset in stock recovery
- start without inserted SIM card

What is working:
Fastboot
Recovery Mode (and ADB sideload using the Mi Tool option in recovery mode)
Unlocking the BL using the official Xiaomi Unlock tool

Occasionally it boots into system but crashes afer a short time, so I'm not eben able to complete the setup assistant.
Most of the time it just hangs at the boot screen (the one with the Mi Logo, "Powered by Android" text and open lock at the top).

Any suggestions how to bring it back to life? :)

Pio
Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
  1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
  2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
  3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
  4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
  5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
  6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode

Nope, the safe mode does not work.
I don't think that the issue is caused by an app (or even root, the phone was not rooted) - because it still persists even after a hard reset / data wipe.

If the phone wasn't rooted, installing xiaomi.eu doesn't void the warranty, RMA it if nothing else helps?

Watch this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.