New [13.0.3 xiaomi.eu] Viber/Whatsapp/Telegram Video Calls stutter on Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G NE lisa (also battery drain)

thecon

Members
Feb 26, 2022
Hello there!

Since I updated to 13.0.3 xiaomi.eu (from 13.0.2) on my Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G NE (lisa), I noticed the following two (probably unrelated to each other) problems/bugs:

1) The most severe is that now, video calls using Viber, Whatsapp or Telegram are horrible. Whatsapp is somewhat better, but in general, I can no longer video call people in a satisfactory manner. I get video stutters, I get audio delays, I get horrible video quality, you name it. I have done a lot of tests and nothing is to blame (for example wifi, data plan) except the phone itself.

2) I get quite a bit of a battery drain. I think it is the always-on display, I have the earth theme on. But whereas in the 13.0.2 version, when i lock the phone, after a while the earth and the time get dimmed, in the 13.0.3, it forgets to dim them, and that's why I think the battery drains quicker.

That's it, I have not noticed anything else. I'm too time constrained to test a full reset, but if it has to to come to this, I will try it.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hello there!

Since I updated to 13.0.3 xiaomi.eu (from 13.0.2) on my Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G NE (lisa), I noticed the following two (probably unrelated to each other) problems/bugs:

1) The most severe is that now, video calls using Viber, Whatsapp or Telegram are horrible. Whatsapp is somewhat better, but in general, I can no longer video call people in a satisfactory manner. I get video stutters, I get audio delays, I get horrible video quality, you name it. I have done a lot of tests and nothing is to blame (for example wifi, data plan) except the phone itself.

2) I get quite a bit of a battery drain. I think it is the always-on display, I have the earth theme on. But whereas in the 13.0.2 version, when i lock the phone, after a while the earth and the time get dimmed, in the 13.0.3, it forgets to dim them, and that's why I think the battery drains quicker.

That's it, I have not noticed anything else. I'm too time constrained to test a full reset, but if it has to to come to this, I will try it.

Any ideas?
write in detail what you did, it is not working is not helpful. thx

Well for:

1) I tried rebooting the wifi, didn't work, I tried using only 5G or 4G+ data (and from other locations), didn't work. I tried to call other recipients, it was the same experience (video and audio stuttering, very blurry videos, really bad communication). I tried with another phone, it was ok. So the problem is the phone. But it only occured when I updated from 13.0.2 xiaomi.eu to 13.0.3 xiaomi.eu. This update, though, was the first one that is using the "recovery" method (the older updates used the "fastboot" method. It may have to do with it, it may not. OTher than that, there's not much else to write, it is a simple problem.

2) As far as the battery drain, it's not much of a problem, I merely noticed heavier batter drain, that's all. I thought it was due to always on display, but it may be not.

I merely detail some problems between 13.0.2 xiaomi.eu and 13.0.3 xiaomi.eu because those two problems definately were not there in 13.0.2 xiaomi.eu

BCan you tell me which twrp you have installed to install version 13.0.3. because I can't find twrp for android 12 lisa. I myself am very worried when installing rom via twrp, because they mostly brick the device .