14 Pro China version limitations

Monumental

Members
Apr 23, 2024
First of all hallo to everyone, I'm just entered the forum and as a long IOS user my knowdlege about Android world is very basic.
I'm interested in buying a Xiaomi 14 pro unlocked from Tradingshenzeng and understood that since there's no global version, even with EU Rom I'll have some limitations such as: no Android Auto, no B20 band, no eSIM, ecc...
Do you guys think that thoose limitations will be solved in the future? Is there any way to crack the device and have full functionality?

If all answes will be negatives I think I would need a valid alternative, any suggestion?

My compliments for the professionals and devs helping the community,
Luca

no B20 band, no eSIM, ecc...
These cannot be solved, it is a HW limitation.

Other limitations can be solved by installing a xiaomi.eu custom ROM.

Personally, as a user of a closed iOS system, I do not recommend you to buy a Chinese version of a device where certain knowledge is needed to use a custom ROM. Better buy a device that is available in the Global version.
Or also look for another brand (Google Pixel 8/8 Pro, Galaxy S24, etc.).

Personally, as a user of a closed iOS system, I do not recommend you to buy a Chinese version of a device where certain knowledge is needed
Thanks gogocar62, about my personal knowledge I'm not concerned because did a lot of programming and in the early days always cracked my iPhone. For me eSIM is not an issue (don't have it) and B20 depends how much it impact the normal use (I live in Italy). The other limitations like Android Auto and eventually the ones I don't know could be more important.
I'm pointing to the Xiaomi 14 pro because, coming from an iPhone 14 pro max, interested in camera quality and processor performances.
Galaxy S24 too expensive, Pixel 8 Pro it seems not so good for the processor but affordable price. Probably I'm just dreaming to have a Leica cameras in my poket...

If you're willing to modify your device, that's OK.
The only major limitation for you may be the lack of B20 LTE support. Check coverage with your network operator.

Reactions: Monumental
Do you think it will work the bt connection with Garmin devices?
I can't give you a relevant answer to that.
I don't own this device but users of this model have confirmed working AA.

Last edited:
Considering that's similar and just exsist in global version, what do you think about One+ 12?
I remind you that this is a forum where Xiaomi cell phones are discussed.
I think it is indelicate of you to ask for information and comparisons with other brands.
Many thanks.

I have a xiaomi 14 pro unlocked and "global" rom installed, ex china.. android auto works without problems in 3 different tested cars. The only limitation is B20 band and esim (hw limit). Other features works (gservices, bank, payments, netflix and other certified app eccecc).

Also keep in mind that the chinese device bootloader is locked, with a very strict unlocking process, unless you would use paid services to unlock it for you.

Don't quote me on it but during initial indignation for Xiaomi 14, I've noticed Tradingshenzeng can provide unlocking service at a cost of 65€.

That, of course, means they'd need to unpack your phone and if they're not careful then you may receive a mishandled product with scratches.

I have a xiaomi 14 pro unlocked and "global" rom installed, ex china.. android auto works without problems in 3 different tested cars. The only limitation is B20 band and esim (hw limit). Other features works (gservices, bank, payments, netflix and other certified app eccecc).
Where didi you bought it? It was just unlocked to global version?

Don't quote me on it but during initial indignation for Xiaomi 14, I've noticed Tradingshenzeng can provide unlocking service at a cost of 65€.

That, of course, means they'd need to unpack your phone and if they're not careful then you may receive a mishandled product with scratches.
They unpack and test every phone, regardless of the unlock process. This is in order to reduce DOA of the devices and provide a higher quality service. The phones themself do not have any marks / signs of usage.