In Progress 2.6.22 SGS2 Freeze when ask for Root Rights and view 'Phone Info'

Daniel K

Members
Jun 22, 2012
The new 2.6.22 rom freezes when asking for any root rights at all (after allowing Root). Also it freezes when I go to view battery stats, number etc. Screen goes black and then freezes and I have to do a battery pull.

This version feels so much more unstable than versions that were previous to version 2. Which I find really surprising. I like some of the new layout but I don't see many options that I thought were in the newer version. (Call recording on SGS2 etc).

I'll have to look around. I did 2 wipes on my phone just to make sure and removed all previous data. So far it seems really buggy, much more than older versions.

I'm going to try charging my phone to max and seeing if I can do a third reinstall to fix the issues. I really hope that I can get some functionality or it's straight back to my Stock Rom.

Open up the ZIP with a ZIP viewer. Don't extract. Go to /system/app/

Delete Maps.apk

Reflash. Let me know if that fixes it.

Open up the ZIP with a ZIP viewer. Don't extract. Go to /system/app/

Delete Maps.apk

Reflash. Let me know if that fixes it.
deleted Maps.apk using titanium back, still doesn't solve anything :)

sorry for hi jacking this thread but upon looking at my logcat (i am wiped clean) i noticed some errors,. http://logcat.miuiandroid.com/97

UPDATE: recreated scenario of selecting "ask" for root permission and that %d error reappeared.

TEMP FIX(not until new version of lbe is fixed): cleared data of LBE SEC then copied over LBE SEC from 2.6.15 fix the root permission problem.

(clear data of LBE SEC is REQUIRED, wont be able to boot if data isn't cleared)

now, i just need to restore apps from back ups.. :)

I was able to install SuperSU but when updating the binary the app would crash before it could ask for root to update the binary. I then went into LBE Guard and changed from 'ask' to 'allow' on SuperSU. Since then Root has been working fine. So that is one thing out of the way. MIUI still feels so unstable and also quite slow after doing an entire wipe of internal memory and SD card.

Also I can't get Nova launcher to work at all... it's just blank and won't even give me the options so I can't even enter settings.. Looks like I'm stuck with doing another wipe because I can't change launchers because I can't see anything.. honestly I really liked the far older versions of MIUI better. It seems you guys have focused more on features and less on stability.

EDIT: I got Nova launcher to work. Thank god for the little 'cog' for settings in the drop down menu for toggles. I force quit Nova Launcher in 'Settings > Apps' which refreshed it. I just spent the last hour reinitialising my widgets from Titanium Backup. So far it's all ok I guess. A few things missing here and there but no big deal.

The screen still goes black and the phone still crashes when I go into 'Settings > About Phone > Status (battery status, number etc).' then I get the error message: "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" when I try to send the report it fails...

Also I can't get Nova launcher to work at all... it's just blank and won't even give me the options so I can't even enter settings.. Looks like I'm stuck with doing another wipe because I can't change launchers because I can't see anything.. honestly I really liked the far older versions of MIUI better. It seems you guys have focused more on features and less on stability.

The recommendation to flash this week was 85%. Usually its in the 90s. We push the ROM regardless. MIUI is naturally a BETA ROM. There are weeks of feature additions, and then weeks of stability. Its just the nature of software development.

I appreciate the updates Peaches I really do. I'm sure next weeks release will be really stable. Regardless even with the speed issues, and instability MIUI is leaps and bounds ahead of Cyanogen or stock ICS. I love all the security prompts and having an inbuilt firewall. I feel much safer not letting apps have all the data they want. It's a bit too late now because all these apps have my data but for future apps I can stop them. For that reason alone I'd rather use this, and also because I hate the limitations of the main stock rom. No ability to have apps change gps state etc.

Your replies and support mean a lot to us all Peaches. Thanks.

I've found two other bugs:

- root/Data folder can not be reached by any file explorer ( might caused by LBE guard )
- Volume control icons are mixed. When I'm changing the in-call volume, microphone icon shows up.