2 problems with my phone.

Azura1

Members
Dec 11, 2013
Hey guys,

I have 2 problemsn with my hpone. I can live with it, but I would prefer for them to be solved. The first issue I'm having is with the headphones I got when I bought the phone. The phone won't recognize them when i put them in so the sound stays on the speakers of the phone and not on my headphones.

Second problem I'm having is with updating to another rom. everytime I try to install another rom (doesn't matter which one) my phone gets stuck and shuts itself down when it's at 25%. It takes quite an effort to get it working again. sometimes the phone stops responding at all and I have to remove the battery first, put it back and then use fastboot to re-install the basic rom. Other times removing the battery and putting it back works good enough and I can just start my phone the regular way. I've tried updating with CWM and the updater app. Both get stuck whenever I update. I would like to just get the multilanguage rom or Wiui back on the phone, but for now that seems impossible.

Can anyone help me with either one of these issues?

have you tryed to calibrate your battery when you change rom? If not, an miscalibrated battery can do this. About the headphones, try with other pairs, maybe yours are broken.

The second problem might occur due to your impatience ... ;-)
It takes quite some time (>30min) for the update process to finish. Perhaps you just don't wait long enough? :grin:

have you tryed to calibrate your battery when you change rom? If not, an miscalibrated battery can do this. About the headphones, try with other pairs, maybe yours are broken.

I've only recently heard about people calibrating their battery. I'm using the standard size battery in my mi2s, will calibrating really help?

calibrating helps the phone to use 100% battery capacity ( 98% XD) so yes, if u change rom, do a battery calibration :)

Reactions: jauling
calibrating helps the phone to use 100% battery capacity ( 98% XD) so yes, if u change rom, do a battery calibration :)
I must have overlooked this function. Would you be so kind to share the location with me ^^ ?
I will feel stupid if it's an CWM function lol. Or you just use an app?

I must have overlooked this function. Would you be so kind to share the location with me ^^ ?
I will feel stupid if it's an CWM function lol. Or you just use an app?

I think you can use any of the battery calibration apps you find if you search google play store

Reactions: RobinHood00
To callibrate battery you DO NOT have to use ANY app
to callibrate battery u have to:
Code:
-Charge your phont to 100% without *NEVER unplug it*
-Let it discherge to 0%  *NEVER plug it on any kind of carger*
-Charge it to 100%

Reactions: RobinHood00
Lol, I remember I used to do that, don't know why I didn't think of it... The ways of the mind are strange sometimes lol. Stupid neurons.

I guess it didn't come to my mind because of the charging bug in the M2(S)

Last edited:
Deep discharging your battery... I've heard reports that doing that is not good. Who is right?

Try differenti methods, than choose the one you judge more useful :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

I think you have bought a fake xiaomi phone.

They do this - look very similar to the real thing, but cannot be flashed to another ROM, cannot be updated, and always fail at about 25%. Your phone's physical buttons also will not be very responsive. The menu will have subtle differences, and you probably won't be able to create a Xiaomi account anywhere in the menu, the option may not exist.

If this is the case - you have a fake xiaomi.
The phone is still usable as a phone, but nowhere as fun and nice as the real one.

I speak from experience, got a fake one one month ago myself. ( sigh) . Had it exchanged a week later, and now have the real thing.