Invalid 20.12.28 Mi9 Cant Turn on Wifi

Funny, I have no such folder "firmware" when I try to do it in system (yes Im rooted)
In TWRP the folder is there, but I can't copy anything in it.
In the first time, I Tried to do this process by the file manager of the TWRP. And the same happened, no such folder. But I installed the 21.1.6, used the same process that @imkoma did ("I did it in Root Explorer with Magisk 21.2.") and then I fix it.

In the first time, I Tried to do this process by the file manager of the TWRP. And the same happened, no such folder. But I installed the 21.1.6, used the same process that @imkoma did ("I did it in Root Explorer with Magisk 21.2.") and then I fix it.
Hm.. Will try to reinstall the ROM, the problem is, the "firmware" folder is not a folder, but appears to be a file in root explorer...

Seems like the folder just isnt in there...

Try another root explorer.
No android browser worked...
I fixed it anyways.
Went to recovery and opened the "wlan" folder first, and deleted the original .bin file, and after that copied the downloaded file.
Seems like recovery can't straight up overwrite existing files ?
Still not sure, why doesnt the "firmware" show up as folder, maybe something with mounting partitions in android ?

Reactions: imkoma
I just want to say thank you very much - this worked perfectly.

When within TWRP, I needed to mount the /vendor filesystem before I could access it. (of course - and apologies if you knew that)

Thanks for the fix, but the Wi-Fi doesn't work well. It's continually disconnecting me, it's really annoying.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Hello together, I have described it in many threads -> search function

I have two MI9s one is working fine with ervery rom the other phone didnt -> disconnected ervery minutes and so on.
  • I have changed the autocanal on 5GHz on the router to canal 36 now its working fine
  • Use on phone for the connection always the same mac-address - not random
  • A workaround to identify if 5GHz is the problem -> disable 5GHz on the router
  • Another workaround -> dont use the same SSID for 2GHz and 5GHz

Reactions: Poney70
Can be fixed move this file wlan_mac.bin in to : vendor > firmware > wlan >qca_cld then reboot

Thanks to Syed Daim from telegram channel to provide me this information.

you need root and root file explorer capable.
Which telegram group do you mean? Could I enter it? Thanks

Reactions: pblnns
I have repaired the disconnection of WiFi. Turn of the 160 MHz bandwidth of WiFi 5ghz on router. Now everything works fine

• Wow
Reactions: pblnns and Poney70