[20.4.30][MI 9 SE] -1 screen cause lags

intonet

Members
May 5, 2020
Hi.
Some times after unlock Home screen does not show any icons. slide status bar working so it is possible to go to settings and after that I can touch home button. Some times after touch home button I have to wait about 5s to switch to home screen. Disabling -1 screen fixing those problems.
Best.
Marek.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk
f6e2b42a4de11c43f07df3056f906c5a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BeNDeR_22
I can confirm that. After pressing the home button or app switcher the phone sometimes freezes with an empty screen for several seconds up to a minute. This happens with stock launcher and Nova. The notification bar can be accessed.

Note: Less battery drain than with previous version (MIUI 11).

Reactions: BeNDeR_22
If you like better perfomance at this moment (it's early beta). Change governor settings. In Mi8 SE It happens too.

Download any app with root access, and set ondemand instead "schedutil" governor un both group of CPUs (big & little cores).

Hi.
Some times after unlock Home screen does not show any icons. slide status bar working so it is possible to go to settings and after that I can touch home button. Some times after touch home button I have to wait about 5s to switch to home screen. Disabling -1 screen fixing those problems.
Best.
Marek.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Hi Intonet,

You may really improve my life. :) Do you mind explaining this "Disabling -1 screen fixing those problems"?

Regards,
BlueBerry

Reactions: rvfaelo
Hi Intonet,

You may really improve my life. :) Do you mind explaining this "Disabling -1 screen fixing those problems"?

Regards,
BlueBerry

Hello again. ^^

It's maybe named "Quick screen" or "-1 screen", go in phone's settings > "Home screen" (below "Notifications") > then find it and set it to "None"/"Nothing".

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: intonet
You Guys saved my day and the next 10 months!

giphy.gif

I hope this one can get fixed. MIUI12 is a great ROM. I agree with the battery life being much better with this first MIUI12 than it was with latest MIUI11.
+15% at the end of the day.

Reactions: intonet