New [ 21.11.24 ] [ Mi 9T ] Gallery crash/loop

giodeluigi

Members
Oct 2, 2019
Gallery crashes and goes loop when trying to delete a picture.

Attachments

• logcat_11-27-2021_01-29-07.txt
    585.2 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
That only hinders solving the actual issue...

Gallery crashes and goes loop when trying to delete a picture.
Don't know how you got that log, but it's definitely not adb logcat, it's unreadable.
Should have just followed the simple instructions: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-logging-with-adb-logcat.63684/

Reactions: JiaiJ
Good Morning,
I tried again the aktuell Gallery App from 12.5.2
for deleting Pictures made by Camera there is no Problem. If i Delete Whatsapp Pictures or Videos it runs in this Deleting Loop.
I Cleared the Perissions App, restart the Phone and tried minimum 15 Times Deleting Pictures and closing the App after Crashing, Restore Pictures from Thrash and Delete again.
Now the Gallery is Working, Strange but its like this :emoji_grinning:
There is a new Version Xiaomi Gallery 3.3.2.4 maybe this one dont make Problems

Last edited:
Good Morning,
for deleting Pictures made by Camera there is no Problem. If i Delete Whatsapp Pictures or Videos it runs in this Deleting Loop.
I Cleared the Perissions App, restart the Phone and tried minimum 15 Times Deleting Pictures and closing the App after Crashing, Restore Pictures from Thrash and Delete again.
@Wölfchen Thanks for your reply.
So, just to get this straight, restore pictures from thrash and delete them again did the job?

Good Morning,
I suggest you to perform some other tests...
I reinstalled full rom to have Miui Gallery v3.3.2 again, followed your steps and my result is that you can successfully delete some pictures but if you close the app (I mean also from the background) and you try again to delete some picture loop gets back again randomly.

Last edited:
I suggest you to perform some other tests...
I reinstalled full rom to have Miui Gallery v3.3.2 again, followed your steps and my result is that you can successfully delete some pictures but if you close the app (I mean also from the background) and you try again to delete some picture loop gets back again randomly.
I made this Test, closing the App from backround and Delete 20 pictures without Problem