MIUI 14 23.2.27/2.28/3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bec de Xorbin @Jacques101 @Birraque

Uninstall existing app updates for the play services and it will work normally again. I also installed superfluous updates for the playstore at the same time as well. We can mark that issue as fixed, at least for the F3(Alioth). Going to verify on my second one in a few minutes.

Edit: Verified to be fixed on two F3 Alioths by uninstalling the play services update to the one that comes with the ROM. Uninstalling the update for play store isn't necessary, but it's the same version on top of the system version in my case, so might as well free up the extra storage on the data partition.
I didn't tested yet but sounds a great and functional workaround. That confirms the buggy came from Google's side.

Thanks for your input, cheers

Reactions: Jacometto and KGVER
I didn't tested yet but sounds a great and functional workaround. That confirms the buggy came from Google's side.

Thanks for your input, cheers
It may have stopped working again. The fault is definitely on Google's side. Going to check if play services silently upgraded again in the background.

Play services did not update, but it does seem broken again. It's strange that we could only get it for a single launch by clearing the maps app data, yet when I uninstalled the play services update it worked for multiple launches over about 15 minutes across two devices (without clearing maps app data).
This bug isn't making a whole lot of sense, but it's repeatable.

Edit: Rebooting broke it again on both after both were working perfectly for multiple launches and forced closing of Maps over about a half hour span. So better than a single launch like before, but still not a permanent fix it seems. Sorry guys.

Edit 2: Cleared play services data instead of maps data and it works again, but we'll see if it keeps working after the next time I reboot.

Edit 3: Compass is still working in Google Maps 7 hours later -- but I haven't rebooted yet.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: KGVER and Birraque
Is the random theme changing bug from last update affecting mi11 venus fixed?
Thanks

Since I started using weekly, I have noticed a problem, which is that it is not possible to pair devices that use WIFI.
For example: tplink tapo camera or Xiaomi S5 vacuum cleaner.
It never finds the device, even though it is on the wifi created by the device.

I end up using another cell phone to get around the problem, but I found this curious.

Reactions: KGVER and Huaywrise
Since I started using weekly, I have noticed a problem, which is that it is not possible to pair devices that use WIFI.

I end up using another cell phone to get around the problem, but I found this curious.
Finally someone else mentioning this. Same happened to me, started a few weeks ago. The solution I found was to add through my gf phone and then share it with me.
Also, notifications from xiaomi home stopped working. So I don't get notifications from the vaccum cleaner or the camera. Do they work for you?
Poco f3 here.
Also, all other notifications (non-xiaomi home) seem to be working as usual.

Finally someone else mentioning this. Same happened to me, started a few weeks ago. The solution I found was to add through my gf phone and then share it with me.
Also, notifications from xiaomi home stopped working. So I don't get notifications from the vaccum cleaner or the camera. Do they work for you?
Poco f3 here.
Now that you've mentioned it, I don't remember getting the notifications recently from the xiaomi vacuum cleaner. From the tplink camera is ok.

Reactions: KGVER
Wifi wasn't working after a dirty flash (Poco F3 - alioth)
1. Reset network from settings / connections
2. Dirty flash the same ROM
3. Wipe cache

It's fixed now
in my case on mi11pro this does not work, i also made an complete reset of the phone and i installed theis rom again, but after a view hours the problem begins again . Now i will install the stable version. i hope this beta rom ( also the last rom ) has not destroyed my wlan and hotspot in the phone - i will see how it works with the stable version ....
P.S - i also tried to install this rom with fastboot - than i had more problems because i get in the original bootloader and there was no way to get out there . so i had first to go in safety mode ( language in chinese ) and than restart the phone again .

Have you tried to turn off approximate location?

• Love
Reactions: KGVER and Monge
Poco f3 here.
Here did not find the Redmi AX6000 router, Mi Home.
Poco F3

Reactions: Huaywrise
Is anyone else seeing a weird play services error complaining about the files access permissions for the Google Messages app? It seems to happen every time I receive a text message. I'll get a screenshot of it next time I see it. Messages already has all permissions (and I toggled them off and on to be sure), and obviously play services has whatever permissions it wants, since its a \system app. I don't know if it started after the update or after I uninstalled the update for play services because I did that right after updating the rom. (It is happening on both mine and my wife's F3s).

Edit: pics added

Attachments

• IMG_20230304_191844.jpg
    IMG_20230304_191844.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_2023-03-04-19-18-16-948_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-04-19-18-16-948_com.miui.home.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Reactions: Jacques101
Is anyone else seeing a weird play services error complaining about the files access permissions for the Google Messages app? It seems to happen every time I receive a text message. I'll get a screenshot of it next time I see it. Messages already has all permissions (and I toggled them off and on to be sure), and obviously play services has whatever permissions it wants, since its a \system app. I don't know if it started after the update or after I uninstalled the update for play services because I did that right after updating the rom. (It is happening on both mine and my wife's F3s).

Edit: pics added
nope, no such error on my mi 11 ultra

Thx to the devs,it's working on my zeus.report later if there're any problems except which already on the last versions

Issue/Bug Report on Poco F3:

Since last weekly update I noticed a new "ramdump" folder with some Logs and .TGZ files into the Poco F3's Storage. (annex)
After each reboot the folder and files are deleted. Seems to be related with modem/hotspot stability issues.
Battery drains very fast when 5G network connected and the device is warmer.
Please check,

NOTE: Issue already reported at #Build.22.2.21.Dev

Attachments

• ramdump_modem_2023-03-05_13-04-56_dmesg.log.txt
    102 bytes · Views: 70
  • ramdump_modem_2023-03-05_13-04-56_props.txt
    44.3 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_20230305_150104.jpg
    IMG_20230305_150104.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20230305_150004.jpg
    IMG_20230305_150004.jpg