360 hours to unlock bootloader?

escorpia

Members
Jul 1, 2016
Hello,

Yesterday I tried to unlock the bootloader, but after some attempts, I got the message "wait 360 hours to unlock the bootloader".

Is there any way to skip these hours?

I have tried another account but I got the same message error.

How to proceed? Just wait 15 days?

Thank you very much for your help,

Escorpia

It was even 1440 hours at one point apparently.

I just got done with my 720 hours.

I'm never buying Xiaomi ever again due to this nonsense.
You're a bit late. Now that you have waited for 720 hours for your account to be authorised, you can unlock instantly a Xiaomi device every month. So it makes no sense not buying anything from xioami ever again, don't you think?

Enviado desde mi MI PAD 4 PLUS mediante Tapatalk

Wait. What?
It's instant after the first one?
I've never read anything like that of the sort.
I've heard about the one per month limit though.

Still... it's nonsense like this (and the lack of kernel sources) that still steer me away.

I can unlock an unlimited number of devices instantly at any time with other manufacturers.

Wait. What?
It's instant after the first one?
I've never read anything like that of the sort.
I've heard about the one per month limit though.

Still... it's nonsense like this (and the lack of kernel sources) that still steer me away.

I can unlock an unlimited number of devices instantly at any time with other manufacturers.
Yes, it is. In fact, I authorized my account long time ago to unlock my mi max, when it wasn't automatic. You had to send a writing explaining what you wanted your account to be authorized for and many days after they answered you.
Now I bought my mi pad 4 plus and when I went to unlock it, it was instantly.
Other thing is the kernel theme...

I'll have to ask around and confirm. I'm still not trusting of the entire process.

Hell, I waited 720 hours about 30 days ago and it's now apparently 360 hours.
They seem to like changing things on a whim.

Even if what you say is true today, it could very well change tomorrow.

Maybe Xiaomi is not a good choice anymore, I also just experienced I have to wait 360 hours. Now, I even have an old account which I used back in China on a different phone number. Do you think Xiaomi allows it to move the old phone number to a new one. No way. Most stupid company behaviour in history. I can't believe it. I'll this this crap s**t of a phone right back.

Reactions: DogeZaemon
When I got my Mi Pad 4 plus around October 20th, I tried immediately to unlock it, knowing that there will be a delay, and indeed, it showed me that I had to wait 720 hours. Interestingly, during the waiting time, the policy appears to have changed. It tried a couple of times to unlock, just to see how much waiting time remains, and alas, after three (instead of four) weeks, I could unlock. I cannot say whether it would have been "already" possible to unlock after 360h, because I didn't try it immediately after 360h, but maybe it was. Definitely I didn't have to wait the whole 720 hours that were announced in the beginning.

I still find the whole process really painstaking, no matter whether it is 360h or 720h of wait, but at least the time now seems to have been reduced. The best way would be to just allow one unlock per month without delay, and - why not - some delay for additional devices if someone wants to unlock more than one device per month. This won't affect many people, so I think it would be acceptable for most.

You're a bit late. Now that you have waited for 720 hours for your account to be authorised, you can unlock instantly a Xiaomi device every month. So it makes no sense not buying anything from xioami ever again, don't you think?

No, this is not true. I got permission to unlock a couple of years ago. I since then unlocked another phone on this account, maybe a year ago, no waiting time. But today I updated to Mi8 and despite having permission to unlock phone, I still have to wait 360 hours. So there is no guarantee that you got permission once and you coul play freely afterwards. So don't relock your phone, because you will have another 360 hours to wait.

Ditto, unlocked as redmi note 3 a few years back, now I have to wait 360 hours. Not terribly impressed

Wow. This is really annoying to wait more than 2 weeks after you bought a phone to us it...

Wow. This is really annoying to wait more than 2 weeks after you bought a phone to us it...

You CAN use it, you just cannot unlock the bootloader and root the device, or put third-party ROMs on the device. While for a few people this is a real drawback (like me, and obviously you), it basically plays no role at all for the vast majority of users. I don't think it is more than 1 to 2% of the users who do this. So, for us "others" it is just a fact we have to accept that Xiaomi requires a waiting time before we can unlock. It could be worse, though, like with Huawei, where there apparently is no way to unlock at all. I don't say it is a good decision of Xiaomi to make us wait, but I'd rather wait and be able to unlock after a while than not being able to unlock.

Yes, i could use it. But after installing/configuring all my Apps, i would have to do the same after unlocking the bootloader again.
I just don't understand why they build this fence. Because it won't prevent people from unlocking - it will just piss them off.

They're doing it to hinder re-sellers from flashing grey market ROMs with malware/adware etc. and then ruining their reputation (as normal buyer would not know anything about ROMs etc. and assume Xiaomi is spamming them with ads etc)

Reactions: JiaiJ
They're doing it to hinder re-sellers from flashing grey market ROMs with malware/adware etc. and then ruining their reputation (as normal buyer would not know anything about ROMs etc. and assume Xiaomi is spamming them with ads etc)
That doesn't work really well since every version has been unlocked by those resellers.

Fun fact: I want to flash my own ROM BECAUSE the Xiaomi stock ROM is full of ADs at delivering.
keyword: msa

I got my Mi Pad 4 Plus today from ....

I could unlock the bootloader instantly, I had no waitung time !!

is this new ?

There have been reports of inconsistency i.e. some people have a 360 hour wait, others 720, others instant. Although there's a ton of speculation, nobody's been able to work out a definite pattern or cause. Just count your blessings and move on!

I had to wait 360 hours to unlock on my pad4 plus and is now asking to wait another 720h. What stupidity is that?

I'll have to ask around and confirm. I'm still not trusting of the entire process.

Hell, I waited 720 hours about 30 days ago and it's now apparently 360 hours.
They seem to like changing things on a whim.

Even if what you say is true today, it could very well change tomorrow.
I cannot confirm this, I unlocked several phones with my account and still need to wait 15 Days, I will most certainly not buy again.

Yesterday I tried to unlock the bootloader, after the messege ,wait 360 hours for unlocking the bootloader". i try after 366 but the phone dosent unlock. any suggestion?

I got a wait time of 360 hours for the Redmi 8. I created a new MI account and used a different phone number to resolve this. With this new account, I tried the MI Flash Unlock tool and It reduced the wait time to 168 hours.