4g Lte - Band Frequency 20 (800) Support In Europe

Chacal

Members
May 12, 2017
Hi,

I have been trying to search about this issue that i have regarding the LTE (4G) connection.
So, I found that in europe most providers use the band 20 (800Mhz) as the main to establish a mobile internet connection. But, seems that by default the Redmi Pro hasn't this especific band open.
There are other 2 bands (7 and 38) witch are available and some providers use them but only when in crowded places or distance locations.

So, I wanted to know if these ROM's made by xiaomi.eu have this band open (LTE band 20)... because basically for europe (of what i know, its a "must" so that we can use a 4G connection).

Hope to hear from you guys, and awesome work!

Thank you,
Filipe Silva

I use Redmi Pro with latest xiaomi.eu ROM and for my phone provides LTE is possible. Sim 1 Telekom.de and Sim 2 Vodafone.de ,,(Germany).

Hi,

I have been trying to search about this issue that i have regarding the LTE (4G) connection.
So, I found that in europe most providers use the band 20 (800Mhz) as the main to establish a mobile internet connection. But, seems that by default the Redmi Pro hasn't this especific band open.
There are other 2 bands (7 and 38) witch are available and some providers use them but only when in crowded places or distance locations.

So, I wanted to know if these ROM's made by xiaomi.eu have this band open (LTE band 20)... because basically for europe (of what i know, its a "must" so that we can use a 4G connection).

Hope to hear from you guys, and awesome work!

Thank you,
Filipe Silva

I have a Redmi Pro with latest xiaomi.eu weekly.
As I understand no matter what ROM you have installed this phone does not support band 20.

Firstly, thank you for the reply's.
Yeap, i guess some can get lucky with a provider that doesn't use the band 20 and some other that this phone has.

My solution, and because I don't really want to sale it or buy another, will be using only 3G which for my real needs is fairly enough! Seems that it works fine on 3G with all dutch providers.

And, it was nice to know these issues with buying from imported from China... next time I will know better! :)

To Nuno Pinho:
By your name you seems Portuguese, correct? I am Portuguese, can you suggest which operators seems to work properly with 4G?

I use Redmi Pro with latest xiaomi.eu ROM and for my phone provides LTE is possible. Sim 1 Telekom.de and Sim 2 Vodafone.de ,,(Germany).

Yeah... i see that telekom.de uses band 3, 7 and 8 which are all open. But Vodafone.de uses 3, 7 and 20 which means you might get some disconnection in certain locations were it uses the 20 band.
Seems that, in Germany, the operators that use Telekom connections are perfect for this phone, the other ones not.

And just to give a bit more info to the users of this (and similar phones with the 20 band closed), here is the list per country of which are the providers that best suit:
- Netherlands - T-mobile
- Portugal - None (all use band 20 besides 3 and 7)
- Spain - Oigo and Cota
- Switzerland - None (all use band 20 besides 3 and 7)
- United Kingdom - None (all use band 20 besides 3 and 7)
- Luxembourg - Orange and Post
- Italy - None (all use band 20 besides 3 and 7)
- France - None (all use band 20 besides 3 and 7)

Last edited:
Reactions: Solutionman
Yeap, i guess some can get lucky with a provider that doesn't use the band 20 and some other that this phone has.

My solution, and because I don't really want to sale it or buy another, will be using only 3G which for my real needs is fairly enough! Seems that it works fine on 3G with all dutch providers.

And, it was nice to know these issues with buying from imported from China... next time I will know better! :)

To Nuno Pinho:
By your name you seems Portuguese, correct? I am Portuguese, can you suggest which operators seems to work properly with 4G?

No need to worry about that, I'm also portuguese, and have a redmi pro, most of the time I have 4G connection with meo and nos. But when there is no 4G, in 3G the download speed still allow to watch streams without breaking.

To Nuno Pinho:

Yes, I'm Portuguese. Here in Portugal the 4G band 20 is used in the rural areas. With Redmi Pro you can only get 4G connection in the cities.
I live in a rural area but the 3G connection is good enough for my needs.

Band 20 works for me.

800mhz right?

I'm on giffgaff in the UK who use of network towers and their 4g is 800mhz only.

Yet works fine despite the phone not supporting it on gsm arena etc.

The phone was actually advertised by Xiaomi to support band 20 before it was released and I believed it's only disabled through software since the x25 does support 800mhz