Xiaomi 14 Ultra - Wi-Fi 7 6Ghz Band support

Alpa_7

Members
Mar 20, 2024
Hi everyone,

I just got the 14 Ultra from xiaomi official website in France, so with HyperOS EU ROM, and I was trying to connect to a wi-fi 7, 6ghz router but it doesn't show up it the Wi-Fi configuration.
I know it has the capacity as I can see the 6Ghz signals in the Wi-Fi Analyser app:
Screenshot_2024-03-20-11-13-38-401_abdelrahman.wifianalyzerpro.jpg
So it means that it has the radio/antenna but the band is disabled from software. (By the way I got the same result with a 13ultra)

I read in the wifi 7 Xiaomi FAQ:
Q: Can Xiaomi products use 6G frequency band after upgrade?
A: The 6G frequency band is currently not open, so the 6Ghz frequency band cannot be used. In the future, if the 6G frequency band is developed, it can be supported by software upgrades, and the hardware already has the ability to support the 6G frequency band.

But this page has been written quite a long time ago and I can't find any info or update on this topic.

As th 6Ghz is open in EU, I was wondering if you guys have heard anything on that from the xiaomi side. And if not, do you know if it is something that is, will or can be adress in the .eu ROM ?

Last edited:
1, You don't have xiaomi.eu custom ROM but Global EEA ROM
2, This is not a Xaomi website but a site dedicated to custom ROMs from xiaomi.eu
3, You can go to Xiaomi site and maybe you can know more

Reactions: fededb
2, This is not a Xaomi website but a site dedicated to custom ROMs from xiaomi.eu
1. I know it's not xiaomi.eu custom, but the EU official version of hyperOS. But as there is a distinction between the global version ending with "MIXM" and European "EUXM", sorry if I don't know if there is differences or not.
2. I also know, I already checked on the website... and I was thinking maybe someone here has more infos, or by any chance has a solution. That's also why I asked at the end if this is something that the xiaomi.eu custom ROM already adress or could adress in the future as I know it's probably something possible and i'm open to change my ROM.
3.Thanks for the advice.

Hey, XiaoMi 14 Ultra don't have EEA roms, only CN and Global.
btw the official website on your link doesnt show any 14 series rom

Last edited:
1. I know it's not xiaomi.eu custom, but the EU official version of hyperOS. But as there is a distinction between the global version ending with "MIXM" and European "EUXM", sorry if I don't know if there is differences or not.
2. I also know, I already checked on the website... and I was thinking maybe someone here has more infos, or by any chance has a solution. That's also why I asked at the end if this is something that the xiaomi.eu custom ROM already adress or could adress in the future as I know it's probably something possible and i'm open to change my ROM.
3.Thanks for the advice.
Bonjour
if your router is a WiFi 7 emitting one, you'll get automatically connected on it through WiFi 7 as 14 Ultra supports it

Global devices with Global-EEA ROM are sold in FR.
There is a difference in device designation and ROM.
The designation "Global ROM" is generic. It also includes its derivatives such as Global (international) EEA, TW, IN, TR, RU, etc

That's my ROM too UNAEUXM from mi UK.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-20-18-17-20-874_com.android.updater-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-20-18-17-20-874_com.android.updater-edit.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 67
Global devices with Global-EEA ROM are sold in FR.
There is a difference in device designation and ROM.
The designation "Global ROM" is generic. It also includes its derivatives such as Global (international) EEA, TW, IN, TR, RU, etc
So you know better which on is on my phone