4G+ (m1803d5xe Vs m1803d5xa)

Nuno Rocha

Members
Mar 19, 2014
Hello guys, I sold my Mi Mix 2 and bought a Mi Mix 2S (m1803d5xe model).
In the Mi Mix 2 (global version) I could get 4G+ but with my Mi Mix 2 I can't, only 4G.

I have seen some people that can get 4g+ but with m1803d5xa model (globla version).

Is there any major difference or hardware? They look exactly the same, same specs but I can't get 4g+ work in m1803d5xe here in Portugal.
People with m1803d5xa can also in Portugal with the same carrier (Vodafone P).

The global/XA model has more LTE bands.

4G: FDD-LTE B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B13/B17/B18/B19/B20/B25/B26/B27/B28/B29/B30
TDD-LTE B34/B38/B39/B40/B41

Those are the bands supported by the Mi mix 2s Global Version XA Model number!

The xe or china/india version of the phone does not have as many LTE bands.

I managed to edit build.prop file and change my device from XE model to XA. Now I only need to know what to edit to put 4g+ working like it does in the XA model.

CEM someone with a XA model and with root share the build.prop file?

My device now says it's a XA model

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-21-18-56-31-484_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-21-18-56-31-484_com.android.settings.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 1,117
Hello. in France my operator used B3, B7, B20. I should also capture 4G + in town. but according to my tests I already very badly captures the 4G at home. yet my mi mix2s to his 3 bands, so should capture the 4G +. my mi note 2 was capturing my 4G +. as the overall mix2s mi to more band, the problem may come from there? otherwise do you think that modifying the XE in XA can allow to re-lock the bootloader without problem or not? Root !?

I managed to edit build.prop file and change my device from XE model to XA. Now I only need to know what to edit to put 4g+ working like it does in the XA model.

CEM someone with a XA model and with root share the build.prop file?
How did you do this ?

Changing the build.prop from XE to XA won't get us better signal strength unfortunately.
After flashing a new Rom, it will go back to normal :/

I'm trying to know if there is any way to edit something to get 4g+ working like XA does.

Last edited:
Hello,

I wanted to know if you had found the solution for 4G +?
looking for a little too, I came across forums where he talks about go to the parameters of the phone by dialing * # * # 4636 # * # * and change the bands to Lte / WCDMA / gsm or auto mode for 'Europe.
have you tried or can you try?

I have been busy and stopped searching but I will definitely try that today.
I will let you know if it works

Changing the network in settings won't change anything.
Using netmonster app I noticed XE model can aggregate carrier network so it's capable of 4g+.
Since xiaomi.eu Rom shows LTE instead 4G, maybe it doesn't shows when we are on LTE-A. I have changed the region in the build.prop now I can see 4G instead of LTE in the signal bars. Will see if it shows 4G+ when it gets LTE-A with 2 bands.
Screenshot_2018-06-25-11-41-17-983_cz.mroczis.netmonster.png
Screenshot_2018-06-25-12-10-03-572_com.android.chrome.png

Hello guys, I sold my Mi Mix 2 and bought a Mi Mix 2S (m1803d5xe model).
In the Mi Mix 2 (global version) I could get 4G+ but with my Mi Mix 2 I can't, only 4G.

What channel combinations (3CA) are used for correct operation of 4G+ on the Mi Mi 2S model XA smartphone? If there is official information, share.

What channel combinations (3CA) are used for correct operation of 4G+ on the Mi Mi 2S model XA smartphone? If there is official information, share.

I know one thing. No ca band3+band7. Only 7+7. How can Xiaomi selling phones in Europe that dosnt support this ca?

Changing the network in settings won't change anything.
Using netmonster app I noticed XE model can aggregate carrier network so it's capable of 4g+.
Since xiaomi.eu Rom shows LTE instead 4G, maybe it doesn't shows when we are on LTE-A. I have changed the region in the build.prop now I can see 4G instead of LTE in the signal bars. Will see if it shows 4G+ when it gets LTE-A with 2 bands.View attachment 18956View attachment 18957

Infelizmente nenhum equipamento da Xiaomi retira o máximo do Carrier Aggregation. Realmente aparece o símbolo a indicar LTE + ou 4G+, mas na verdade não fazem Carrier Aggregation Inter Band que é o utilizado na Europa. E esse equipamento na Vodafone só irá realizar Carrier Aggregation quando a Vodafone tiver o LTE 2100 MHz na sua rede, já há alguns sites com LTE nos 2100 MHz. Os equipamentos da Xiaomi na Europa o máximo que conseguem é fazer Carrier Aggregation de 2100 MHz + 1800 MHz, caso contrário não fazem, mesmo que nessa aplicação indique que sim.

Onde pode ver essa situação é com o Network Signal Guru. A NOS e a MEO já fazem Carrier Aggregation no LTE 2100 MHz + 1800 MHz, poderá sempre experimentar.