5G support in EU ROM for K70

CLiu~

Members
Aug 14, 2024
Hi there!

I just recently unlocked bootloader and converted from CN ROM to EU ROM on my K70. The current version of EU ROM is 1.0.17.0.UNKCNXM Stable.

However, after converting to EU ROM, I could not connect to 5G network provided by T-Mobile anymore. I did do some homework in this forum to seek some solutions. I tried dialing *#*#726633#*#* to enable 5g SA, unfortunately, which did not help me out.

I don't think there is any change in the coverage of T-Mobile 5G signal, as I can still connect to 5G network with my iPhone SE 3 installed with the same physical SIM card. I am sure K70 supports the 5G bands n41 and n66 provided by T-Mobile, as I checked online before getting this phone (https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-k70) and was able to connect to T-Mobile 5G with CN ROM.

Does anyone have any idea about how I should configure the phone or what module I should flash to the phone to enable the 5G connection?

Thank you for your time!

The device may support the necessary bands, but this still does not mean that they will work with some providers. It is possible that your provider does not support this device (it is not on the supported list).

The device may support the necessary bands, but this still does not mean that they will work with some providers. It is possible that your provider does not support this device (it is not on the supported list).
Hi gogocar 62, thanks for your replying. This could be possible, given that K70 is indeed not on T-Mobile's supported list. On the other hand, I think the supported list is only for e-SIM and the physical SIM that I am using should be fine, as I was able to connect to 5G with a CN ROM flashed.

UPDATE: I just flashed back to CN ROM to look into the 5G connection and found the connection was 5G_SA. I believe 5G_SA is available in EU ROM, but the connection was not supported anyway. Still seeking solutions.

Hi there!

I just recently unlocked bootloader and converted from CN ROM to EU ROM on my K70. The current version of EU ROM is 1.0.17.0.UNKCNXM Stable.

However, after converting to EU ROM, I could not connect to 5G network provided by T-Mobile anymore. I did do some homework in this forum to seek some solutions. I tried dialing *#*#726633#*#* to enable 5g SA, unfortunately, which did not help me out.

I don't think there is any change in the coverage of T-Mobile 5G signal, as I can still connect to 5G network with my iPhone SE 3 installed with the same physical SIM card. I am sure K70 supports the 5G bands n41 and n66 provided by T-Mobile, as I checked online before getting this phone (https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-k70) and was able to connect to T-Mobile 5G with CN ROM.

Does anyone have any idea about how I should configure the phone or what module I should flash to the phone to enable the 5G connection?

Thank you for your time!
May I know where can unlock the BL of Redmi k70pro (china version), thanks!

May I know where can unlock the BL of Redmi k70pro (china version), thanks!
As far as i know, the price of unlock BL for Xiaomi phones coming with HyperOS has been increased crazily. XiaomiKey asks $120 and renting a qualified account (reached 5 level and passed Xiaomi official exam) costs at least $50. You can search in Google for the former and in Ku'an or Xianyu for the latter. If you are gonna rent a qualified account, I recommend that you'd better make the deal on Xianyu, or you might get nothing after transferring your money out. I hope this will be helpful to you. Good luck!

The device must be in China for this.
"In China, if our account level is not enough, we need to rent someone account, usually around sixty dollars (of course, if the account is not in the province where it is often logged in, it will not only be unable to unlock but also be banned)"

The device must be in China for this.
"In China, if our account level is not enough, we need to rent someone account, usually around sixty dollars (of course, if the account is not in the province where it is often logged in, it will not only be unable to unlock but also be banned)"
Correct! BTW, for out-of-province cases, a VPN application named Aijiasu can be used. For me, I unlocked BL in U.S. by using a qualified account rented at a cost of $50, and Aijiau with the oversea mode was used every time when logging into the account on a phone or PC.

UPDATE: I just flashed back to CN ROM to look into the 5G connection and found the connection was 5G_SA. I believe 5G_SA is available in EU ROM, but the connection was not supported anyway. Still seeking solutions.
FURTHER UPDATE: I kinda figured out how to make 5G work in EU ROM for my case. Here are the steps:

1) Dial *#*#726633#*#* to enable [Use SA network] switch;
2) Enable [Use SA network] in [SIM card settings];
3) Dia *#*#4636#*#* to enter [Phone and WiFi Connections Diagnostics];
4) Select the corresponding SIM card, scroll down to [Set Preferred Network Type], and select [NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA].

Note: This method may or may not work but is worth a try. In the step 4), other network types including the NR can be tried, if the one recommended does not work.

Thanks for Rakesh's sharing (https://technastic.com/xiaomi-redmi-secret-codes-list/).

Good luck!

As far as i know, the price of unlock BL for Xiaomi phones coming with HyperOS has been increased crazily. XiaomiKey asks $120 and renting a qualified account (reached 5 level and passed Xiaomi official exam) costs at least $50. You can search in Google for the former and in Ku'an or Xianyu for the latter. If you are gonna rent a qualified account, I recommend that you'd better make the deal on Xianyu, or you might get nothing after transferring your money out. I hope this will be helpful to you. Good luck!
Thanks for your answer