70Mai app not working on Xiaomi 12S Pro

LazeX7

Members
Feb 5, 2023
Hello,

I have the Xiaomi 12S Pro for a few months now, it came with MIUI 13. Everything was fine, but after updating to MIUI 14 everything went downhill!
There were a lot of bugs, a few has been sowhat solved with a workaround.

But one of the two problems that aren't solved is the Xiaomi dascam app, 70Mai.
I'm using a Xiaomi Dashcam without a screen, you can connect with the dashcam with the 70Mai app.

But after the MIUI 14 update it doesn't work anymore, the app starts as normal, but i in the app i lost on of the 1 of the 2 dascams i had linked to the app.
When i try to connect to the dashcam that has been removed, i can't connect it.

The app keeps saying that i need to connect to the wifi of the dashcam, but i am!
I also can not connect to the remaining dascam. But when i use my girlfriends iPhone everything works fine!!

I already uninstalled the app and gave the app all the permissions it need, but still it acts like there is no dascam!
Is there anyone with a fix?

1676577516951.jpg
1676577516946.jpg

Reactions: Doky1988
I have the same problem on my MI 11 Ultra with miui 14 from xiaomi.eu. With my friends samsung phone it works. Tried different settings on Wi-fi and nothing.

I have the same problem with Xiaomi 12 PRO Dimensity, MIUI 14.0.4.0.TLGCNXM(xiaomi.eu), and 70MAI app + Dashcam PRO.

The same error on WiFi(connect to wifi network) is with Philips WIZ app when connect new device....(but phone is connected to WiFi).
Permission for that apps is granted - full, from Setting.
The phone was reset to default settings, twice....

With MI 11 global version + MIUI 13, the 70MAI and Philips WIZ is working, all it's ok.

I hope the solution will be found in near future..............

Last edited:
Hello,

I have the Xiaomi 12S Pro for a few months now, it came with MIUI 13. Everything was fine, but after updating to MIUI 14 everything went downhill!
There were a lot of bugs, a few has been sowhat solved with a workaround.

But one of the two problems that aren't solved is the Xiaomi dascam app, 70Mai.
I'm using a Xiaomi Dashcam without a screen, you can connect with the dashcam with the 70Mai app.

But after the MIUI 14 update it doesn't work anymore, the app starts as normal, but i in the app i lost on of the 1 of the 2 dascams i had linked to the app.
When i try to connect to the dashcam that has been removed, i can't connect it.

The app keeps saying that i need to connect to the wifi of the dashcam, but i am!
I also can not connect to the remaining dascam. But when i use my girlfriends iPhone everything works fine!!

I already uninstalled the app and gave the app all the permissions it need, but still it acts like there is no dascam!
Is there anyone with a fix?

View attachment 46355View attachment 46356

Hello!

I have the same problem: Mi 11T Pro (Global)
Xiaomi.eu MIUI 14 ROM.

Also 70mai 1S MiDrive D06 Camera... English (Global) and China version... I have 2 cam...

The problem has been solved! I'm running a weekly update 14.0.23.2.27.DEV for the Xiaomi 12S Pro and that works with the dashcam again!

For me the solution was:
1) Settings -> Privacy protection -> Protection tab -> Privacy protection lab -> enable "Approximate location".
2) Long-tap app icon -> App info -> Permissions -> Get location info -> tap "Approximate location is on" to turn it off
Thanks to community Xiaomi for help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doky1988 and MORKAS
For me the solution was:
1) Settings -> Privacy protection -> Protection tab -> Privacy protection lab -> enable "Approximate location".
2) Long-tap app icon -> App info -> Permissions -> Get location info -> tap "Approximate location is on" to turn it off
Is that configuration within the 70 mai app? or on the phone?, thanks...it's the same problem that happens to me after updating to Miui 14 Xiaoi EU ROM, on a Redmi note 9S...I'm going to try that solution...greetings

Is that configuration within the 70 mai app? or on the phone?, thanks...it's the same problem that happens to me after updating to Miui 14 Xiaoi EU ROM, on a Redmi note 9S...I'm going to try that solution...greetings
Point 1 is on phone.
Point 2 is on app 70mai.

Reactions: MORKAS
For me the solution was:
Thanks, tomorrow I will test if it works..

For me the solution was:
Thank you, I tested it, it really works! (Xiaomi 11T Pro)

I tried @Mountain wild solution but did't worked on my Mi10 stable V14.0.2.0.TJBCNXM becasue I haven't "Approximate location". I solved upgrading Xiaomi Security to latest version (7.7.2-230407.1.3).

Reactions: MORKAS
Worked with first silution. Got lots of crash messages from permision but I could add my cameras. Then turn of aproximate permision to get rid of crash messages.

I tried @Mountain wild solution but did't worked on my Mi10 stable V14.0.2.0.TJBCNXM becasue I haven't "Approximate location". I solved upgrading Xiaomi Security to latest version (7.7.2-230407.1.3).
True, in the window where that option should appear, it no longer appears...is there any other way to make that configuration?, to disable the approximate location?, thank you
I have Xiaomi Eu 14.0.3 on my Poco X4 Pro 5G, and it doesn't appear, how is that security version updated?
without having to download the entire ROM that the phone tells me?
By the way...for the Eu 14.0.4 ROM, the twrp recovery that I had, deactivates my data and wifi...is any developer trying a solution?, thanks