released, I think is to early asking for SOT and GPS performances!!!! ;-))
Yes, it's a little bit too early for that :) , but I just flashed it and will update on this after a full day of use.

Just finished first boot after flash. What I can tell right away:

- Android security patch level is march 1st (8.2.1.0 was january)
- It looks like the "waiting for wifi" bug is gone! Need more testing though. Just tried to download any app from the store, and it started downloading right away.
- In 8.2.1.0, I was affected by a strange bug in push notifications (especially messaging apps, like WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.) not showing up; actually, messages weren't being synced up until I manually launched the app. Will check if that's gone too.

Last edited:
Can you test GPS a bit, see if they fixed accuracy? I've tested 8.2.1 vs 8.1.6.0 and on same position accuracy on android N was 6m and on android M was 3m, almost double difference.

I get this (see screenshot), which is about as good as it gets for me on my Mi5. Anyway, 6m is perfectly good for civilian use, so if you're not aiming guided missiles with your phone, you're all set for navigation, etc. ;-)

Screenshot_2017-04-13-11-01-42-352_com.chartcross.gpstest.png

OK, so, after a full day of use, here are my observations with 8.2.2.0 stable:

- Battery life is just like 8.1.6.0 and 8.2.1.0 for me, a little over 4 hrs SOT with my usage pattern, good (see screenshots, in the usage graph you can even see the little gap from when I flashed 8.2.2.0).
- Performance-wise, it feels OK, fast, snappy UI.I don't play games on my phone (apart of Hill Climb Racing 2, that runs OK of course) so I didn't really stress the CPU/GPU; but daily use is buttery smooth.
- Google Play Store works! I can download new apps, and update existing ones, the "Waiting for Wifi" message does not appear.
- I started receiving push notifications again!

All in all, flashing this ROM has, for now, fixed all my problems I had in 8.2.1.0. Of course, I'd like to wait and see; when I had just flashed 8.2.1.0, the "Waiting for Wifi" and push notifications problems weren't present and only appeared after several weeks, so I'll keep an eye out for that. Will report anything new.

Screenshot_2017-04-14-00-19-43-345_com.android.settings.png Screenshot_2017-04-14-00-19-50-577_com.android.settings.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ricain
Any other feedback after using 8.2.2 for awhile? I'm on 8.1.6 and I'd like to update, but I see that with nougat roms there are a lot of issues and bugs. Can anyone confirm 8.2.2 is working good and without issues or bugs? Thank you so much in advantage

It's ok, better than 2.1, but still a little bit lag (sometimes in the camera app).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk

It's ok, better than 2.1, but still a little bit lag (sometimes in the camera app).

Thank you for the feedback! So it's not as smooth as 8.1.6? Do you suggest to update or to wait?

I think there is not so much difference. So it's up to you

Thank you for the feedback! So it's not as smooth as 8.1.6? Do you suggest to update or to wait?
I think, performance wise, it's just like 8.1.6.0. No noticeable difference for me.

I think that something you must take into account when deciding about the upgrade, is what you're expecting from the new ROM; in terms of functionality, you're not missing anything between 8.1.6.0 and 8.2.2.0 (most of the good things about Nougat aren't present in MIUI, regrettably). You get Nougat (in name at least), and a more recent Android security patch... But that's about it.

There are rumours that MIUI 9 will implement some Nougat-specific aspects. We'll have to wait and see.

I think, performance wise, it's just like 8.1.6.0. No noticeable difference for me.

I think that something you must take into account when deciding about the upgrade, is what you're expecting from the new ROM; in terms of functionality, you're not missing anything between 8.1.6.0 and 8.2.2.0 (most of the good things about Nougat aren't present in MIUI, regrettably). You get Nougat (in name at least), and a more recent Android security patch... But that's about it.

There are rumours that MIUI 9 will implement some Nougat-specific aspects. We'll have to wait and see.
Thank you so much for your reply!
I think I'll wait then. I wanted to update because I'm on 8.1.6 from so long and seeing all these new updates coming out I felt like I'm using an outdated version. It's still marshmallow, but as you said most of nougat's features are not even present on miui so it doesn't really change much.
Also I'm not updating because -to avoid problems- I always wipe everything when I flash a new Android version and it's kind of a pain in the ass to set everything up again.

So I really appreciate your opinion and help!

Waiting for MIUI9

for me, worst offenders are worse gps reception, xposed not working and screen rotation that does not 180 degrees, only 90 and 270 degrees. in other words, it is impossible now to turn the phone upside down in the cup holder to charge it and use navigation at the same time.

I'm unable to install version 8.2.2.0 stable on my Xiaomi Mi5... Keep getting fle signature error or zip corrupted when the phone reboots to twrp. What am i missing?

Currently on:
Miui 8.2 | Stable | 8.2.1.0 (NAACNEB)
Android 7.0 NRD90M

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-19-22-05-46-619_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-19-22-05-46-619_com.android.settings.png
    170 KB · Views: 326
Hi, went from 8.2.1.0 to 8.2.2.0 and all seems to work fine. No more problems with screen brightness and also Google Playstore works again without the waiting for wifi message. Also happy with the Android security patch level up to 2017-03-01. Btw I used the Updater app.

RuiFerreira: perhaps you can try to re-download the rom?

Hi, went from 8.2.1.0 to 8.2.2.0 and all seems to work fine. No more problems with screen brightness and also Google Playstore works again without the waiting for wifi message. Also happy with the Android security patch level up to 2017-03-01. Btw I used the Updater app.

RuiFerreira: perhaps you can try to re-download the rom?
+1 here

I'm unable to install version 8.2.2.0 stable on my Xiaomi Mi5... Keep getting fle signature error or zip corrupted when the phone reboots to twrp. What am i missing?

Currently on:
Miui 8.2 | Stable | 8.2.1.0 (NAACNEB)
Android 7.0 NRD90M

Thanks!
Same here...