9T Pro is TOTALLY dead, can it be saved?

Bjoern

Members
Oct 4, 2020
Long story short: my Mi 9T Pro never "woke up" after restart.
The most irritating part is, it happened three weeks after the warranty period ended, almost as it was programmed! Though, I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I quite simply believe I have had very bad luck. Or, do others have the same experience? Is it a "one-year-phone"?

Well, here's the long story:
It began with strange screen problems – the ”active” app showed the underlying app/graphic in it's ”own window”, if that makes any sense. And, when I tapped the recent apps/overview screen it was totally black, showed nothing whatsoever, not even the wallpaper, but going back to the home screen was no problem. The phone also responded to my actions as fast and precise as usual, no ”lagging” or such.

This happened once before (for some months ago) and I then restarted the phone and I haven't had that problem again, until now.

So, I started the same procedure again: power button → ”restart” → ”restart”... the phone turned off... and died... totally!
And yes, it was charged, somewhat around 90 %.

I then tried:
Power Button + Vol. Up – no response whatsoever.
Power Button + Vol. Down – no response whatsoever.
Put in the charging cable – no response whatsoever, no sound, no LED, nothing.
Connecting the phone to my computer – Bing! The computer detects... something. I open Windows Explorer, but nothing is to be found there.
I then open the Device Manager, and hey, a “Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM5)” is detected! But what the heck is that?

Now I wonder if someone knows;
# 1 - Is it possible, somehow, to get this device working again? I mean, maybe a “hardware reset” (as PWR + VOL doesn't work) - open it up, press a “button” somewhere inside - or alike?

# 2 - If it's not possible to get it to work again, is it possible to get the data (read: pictures) out of it? How?
I have restored HDD's from dead computers by taking them out and read them from a docking station, but how do you do it from a smartphone?

Would appreciate all helpful input and ideas!

Best regards,
Björn

It's stuck on edlmode...
Try to flash original rom with miflash and report back please...

It's not dead, it is detected by Windows so...
With edl mode the screen is black so just try and see what happens in miflash and of there are any errors, post it here.
Please use the correct rom for flashing.

Last edited:
It's not dead, it is detected by Windows so...
With edl mode the screen is black so just try and see what happens in miflash and of there are any errors, post it here.
Please use the correct rom for flashing.

I'm happy it's at least not totally dead! :)

So, on the net I found something called miui_RAPHAELGlobal_V12.0.2.0.QFKMIXM_9c24400c94_10.0.zip, I unzipped it and chose it at "select" in MiFlash, "flashed" and got an error message: "couldn't find flash script".
OK, did some more research and got the tip to download raphael_global_images_V12.0.2.0.QFKMIXM_20200731.0000.00_10.0_global_9e5bb168b7.tgz.
Downloaded it, unzipped it, "selected" it and "flashed".
Then I got a pop up window saying that I had to login on my Mi Account - ok, did that and did the procedure again -> "your account is unauthorized for this operation".
Did some more research and saw that someone had luck with the china ROM version (to be able to thereafter flash the "right" ROM).
OK, tried that one, but still get "your account is unauthorized for this operation". And there I'm at right now.

Thank's for the help so far!