A Couple Of Newbie's Questions

DavidW

Members
Nov 24, 2016
Hello all,

I'm new to Xiaomi and new to this forum, so bear with me if I ask something that has already been asked and answered before.

I have just purchased my Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro yesterday. I definitely like the phone. It is very intuitive and easy to use in spite of the lack of a detailed User Manual. I have not encountered any thorny issues yet, just a couple of what looks like "glitches". I'd appreciate if any of you guys could enlighten me.

There does not seem to be an option to search the list of contacts by full or partial name. You need to scroll the list, or tap the list of letters. Also, it looks like there is no option to delete a contact.

How do you delete entries from the list of calls / messages?

I have selected an 8 second ringtone for incoming messages. Once the message arrives, the phone will play the whole ringtone (8 secs), even if I tap the message notification and display the message. I would expect any of these action to stop the ringtone playback.

My phone runs Android 5.1.1 LMY47V, MIUI Global 8.0 | (Stable) 8.0.2.0 (LAIMIDG).

Any input and feedback will be highly appreciated.

DavidW

Where did you buy your phone from ?

Dispite thats the android version and firmware version you see it might be altered by vendor, so sometimes the functions may not be working..

There should be that option on the top of the contact list to search by name,

The message ringtone in mine does the same, plays the whole ringtone dispite i click the screen or the message :)

If you need something else shout :)