A Dodgy Rom / New Rom Question

Jamie Chadwick

Members
Mar 9, 2017
Hi Please bare with me as this might be slightly long winded.

I have a Redmi Pro with MIUI 8.0.0.1 (MHQMIDG) Global stable installed im led to believe there are no stable globals for this model.
I applied to Xiaomi to unlock the bootloader and was granted that the next day - The unlock fails at 99% everytime due to the phone not being "bound" to the account, I'm logged into it, find my phone etc is on but I do not have the option in the developer options to do this. So I have tried to update from a zip - always get cannot verify, I have tried fastboot method - that hasnt worked, I have tried Miflash and something along the lines of SP tools - that didnt work. I even found a thread to download the Chinese Mi Pc Suite and flash via that, one rom did nothing and the other gave a read error code - unfortunately my Chinese/Mandarin is terrible.

So am I stuck on this ROM ? have I missed something simple and obvious ? I like the phone but dont trust it if the ROM is dodgy.

Can the phone be fully wiped and I start again? Once again sorry for the long winded post and Thank you for your time..

J

Hello dude,
I have same móvil, same rom and same problem. I tried everything, no luck.
Do you find any solution?

Yeah I managed to sort it in the end, didn't even get a single reply on here. I have to be honest I can't remember what I did. It was definitely something to do with sp tools though, I managed to flash an original ROM back into it and went from there. Sorry I can't be more help, it was just hours of trial and error.

Good news then, I think once you are in a original one its solved. Now at least I know it is possible ha ha, please if you remember something write it here....