A few noob questions

StGemma

Members
May 16, 2020
Hi all, I am rather new to XIaomi.

Does the Xiaomi.eu ROM get updated automatically, or do we have to update it manually ourselves? Does using the Xiaomi.eu ROM void the warranty or anything like that? Also, Is the ROM the same thing as Firmware? Lastly, is TradingShenZhen.com safe to shop?

Thank you! :)

Hello
1.- Manually by OTA
2.- If you cancel the guarantee. Although that depends if you buy it directly from China or from your local operator. The warranty coverage conditions are different.
3.- Yes
4.- ?

Thank you so much for your response, xadiz10! That is very helpful.

Question 4 is trading shenzhen.com, but all one word. I was thinking of buying a Xiaomi 10 Pro from them, and it looks like they use the Xiaomi.eu roms too, so I guess I wouldn't have to worry about breaking their warranty.

Hi all!
Is there a Windows Mobile ROM?
If yes ? You can try e.g. Redmi Note7 or another model?
I'm sorry to ask for stupidity. :) :( :/

Thank you so much for your response, xadiz10! That is very helpful.

Question 4 is trading shenzhen.com, but all one word. I was thinking of buying a Xiaomi 10 Pro from them, and it looks like they use the Xiaomi.eu roms too, so I guess I wouldn't have to worry about breaking their warranty.

The EU ROM is not the one that is factory installed on Xiaomi phones. It is possible that they install that ROM before sending you the phone.