A few observations with difficulties updating M1 C1 (CDMA version)

shansen33

Members
May 14, 2012
Hi

I have run into some significant issues in getting Miuiandroid updates to work on the M1 C1 (CDMA) that I just purchased. Here are a few observations:

1. The stock Miuiandroid update for the C1 will not work on this phone in its current format. I tried many times to update from 2.3.5v to the latest ICS ROM (2.5.11).

2. I finally got the update to work by modifying the script file contained at META-INFO/com/google/android/updater-script.

Specifically, in the first line of code, I had to make the following changes:

1. getprop("ro.product.device") == "mione_plus" TO getprop("ro.product.device") == "mione_plus_cdma"

AND

2. getprop("ro.build.product") == "mione_plus" TO getprop("ro.product.device") == "mione_plus_cdma"

Then had to wipe data / cache / update partitions and it worked from running updater within the 2.3.5v ROM to install.

Subsequently, the latest ROM (2.5.11 ICS) was on System 2 and 2.3.5v (GB) remains on System 1.

I tried to run a subsequent update of System 2 to 2.5.18 (ICS) and found that it only worked following the revisions to the script outlined above, and the update would only work for some reason from 2.3.5v (GB) on System 1).

I have not been able to update System 1 to ICS under any scenario.

The steps I have listed above were the solution that I found.

Whilst I was not able to update System 1 to ICS, it is running on System 2 and works perfectly.

So you have a mi-one plus that's running both 2.3.x and 2.5.x at the same time ?
That is interesting since a couple of people were sure that this was not possible !

;) ICS on both boots should not be an issue ;)
However ; we do have a couple of people telling that it should be impossible to run ICS and GB together...
It seems as some people have done it...

Even if it's on the phone ; will it work ?

I've done the ics upgrade last weekend and it ran nicely.
Until i booted the other system ( supposedly the GB system ) ...
It got stuck at boot and the ICS system was stuck...

Redid the upgrade to ics and got that working again...
So even with GB present on one of the systems , will it work ?