A simple update guide for xiaomi M2

Just download miflash version of jlb rom and flash with full wipe.

Odoslané z ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T cez Tapatalk 2

I have a question: I install the multilang in system 1, now I want to update to newest version, so must I boot in to system 2 and run update?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

no just update via OTA or via Updater app
your phone will update System 2 and after the reboot it will set to boot always on System 2 (until of course the next update!)

Reactions: hvung1982
pl
hello there,thanks for info in here.just to ask?i like to play and try roms,usually dont stick with originals..so can i have rom like
[ROM] Xiaomi M2S Rayglobe update to 3.6.7 system 1
[ROM] Xiaomi M2S 3.8.2 ROM Knight-NOS-Injected-V1.5 system 2
or
[ROM] Xiaomi M2S Rayglobe update to 3.6.7 system 1
[ROM] Marvin([MiuiAndroid] Xiaomi MI2/S [10.8] system 2
even
[ROM][ | WIUI | ][ 3.8.2 ] - MULTiLanguage |v4|v5| system 1
[ROM] Marvin([MiuiAndroid] Xiaomi MI2/S [10.8] system 2

thanks.

plz somebody?i dont want to brick my xiaomi..

Hi there,
Last week I received my Xiaomi Mi2S 16BG. The first thing was to download and install MIUI v5 Multi Lang 3.6.14. I did the install with the updater function that was available within the standard MIUI. The install was without any problems and the mobile works great with my MIUI 3.6.14. I assume that my installed MIUI 3.6.14 is installed on system 2 that I now use.

Now that I installed some accounts, a lot of apps and rearanged the icons in maps, I have some questions before updating to the newer version of MIUI:

1. When I update with the Update function to a newer MIUI, will system 1 (now the original MIUI that came with the mobile) be overwritten with the updated MIUI ?

2. Will all my account information and apps be available? If yes, wil the layout (I created different maps with apps) also be available?

3. I read that before update to a newer MIUI it is important to do a backup with the backup function of the security centre. But that isn't working for me. When I start the backup it will stop immediately. The report says "unable to start activity ComponentInfo"...... Can you help me with this problem?

I'm curious about this as well. Since it looks like the OTA function doesn't apply with this (MIUIAndroid) ROM, I'm guessing I need to flash the complete ROM each week when the updates come out? So, if I download and flash the newest version every week, are all of my current settings gone? Also, is a full wipe needed before the latest weekly version is flashed? I know these are probably basic questions but I want to make sure.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Update again so both system 1 and system 2 are on the miui android rom. This may fix a lot of comparability issues, specifically the one you are describing.

Our device uses two system partitions so you can easily revert from an update if you have issues. Both system partitions share the same data partition, so you'll need to make sure they both are on the same ROM.

The ota function works perfectly on the miui android MULTILANG ROM... Not the English only ROM.

MULTILANG gets the ota update every Friday, albeit a bit later since it must be built and pushed to the servers in China after the English version is tested.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

_jordan_, thanks for the reply dude! I ended up downloading the complete English only ROM and all of my previous settings were retained. That's weird that the multilang ROM uses the ota function but the English does not. Maybe I will download the multi next week and try the ota function the following week.

On a side note, I had a weather APK from a few months back when I was using MIUI on my Nexus 4 and thought I'd give it a shot. I installed it by adding to system/app and it actually works. I'm using the Weather BZ app for this as well but I really wanted the live weather icon.

I'm about to buy the M2s as a christmas present for my teenager, so I don't have it in hand yet. But I have a couple of questions.

If I understand this guide correctly it's not necessery to root the phone to installl the google apps and multilanguage?

1. Download Gapps and the multilanguage roms from here:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-multi-lang-3-10-11.22368/
2. Install via the rom and Gapps via updater app which already are included in stock/ factory rom.

If I understand the Xiaomi system correctly, it has two partitions. How do I know if system 1 or 2 runs?
If I want the M2s to have norwegian language I have to install an unofficial Rom like MiuiAndroid, as the official don't support Norwegian? MiuiAndroid have few changes compared to the original? Is there a stable or experimental version? Are there alternative stable multilanguage roms for M2s?

Will I miss or get something compared to stock?
Gapps are included in the MiuiAndroid rom

The answers might be obvoius when I have the phone in my hands, but unfortunatly I don't. Hopefully someone are able to answer.

I need some help and hope that this has not been posted before. I'm actually using both WIUI ROMs, JB and KK on my systems. This works without truedualboot (I thought it wouldn't, but tried and succeeded). Now I wanted to try Mokee's ROM (4.4.3) and thought it should work parallel to WIUI KK, for they're both KK based. But I got constant error messages on Mokee's. Someone in that thread told me to enable TDB. now my question: can I make a backup of my system 1(WIUI KK) via cwm recovery, enable tdb (with full wipe) and then reinstall my backup on just one system, to install Mokee's clean on the other one?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

I want to Wipe and install ROM again can i use b) Using pre-installed Recovery method?
Else please provide me the link to Wipe and install MIUI ROM

if you need a help with update / recovery / root-->
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello. Maybe my question will be silly, but...

I come from Miui France.org, so I've the latest mi2/s miui 7 rom, 7.6.5.26, dev china(1 system, unified 32go rom memory), translated in french only.
If I want to upgrade my rom to your latest miui8 multi, can i make it by flashing trwp in the updater app, and update and then install your rom ? Will I have to wipe datas, cache or anything ?
Same question for my daughters redmi1s, which is in latest official Miui 7 global stable.
Thank you for your help !