About Stable 8.1.2.0

Hi,
I have already read that thread but my problem is I had no mi account in the phone and I can't unlock its bootloader, it gives me an error: mi account used to unlock is different from the account on the phone. Thats true, I googled and I Need a working phone to solve this. I Need a way to flash a rom on it whitout unlocking bootloader!

Hi,
I have already read that thread but my problem is I had no mi account in the phone and I can't unlock its bootloader, it gives me an error: mi account used to unlock is different from the account on the phone. Thats true, I googled and I Need a working phone to solve this. I Need a way to flash a rom on it whitout unlocking bootloader!
http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html
Than this is what you need. - Its work for me to flash rom over fake one come with my phone .

Reactions: Jaime DLH
I just flashed 8.1.2.0 over 8.0.10.0 from TWRP without errors.
I just lost root and xposed so i have to install them again. Dont forget to disable DM-verify after do something with TWRP.
The rest is excellent. Thanks dev.

The same mistake as Jaime. Others have no problems updating directly from twrp, not updater application.
Installing from the Updater app isn't a "mistake". It's a perfectly regular way to install an update, that in fact calls and executes a update script which runs within TWRP. It has worked well with past updates of xiaomi.eu for the Redmi 3S... So it's worrying that in this release had these very serious effects.

-- Edit: @Kappe, I hadn't read that you didn't have a MI account set up on your phone. If so, the solution is what @lukather writes in post #27 --

@Kappe, basically what I did to restore the phone to working order:

- Booted into Fastboot mode (Vol down + Power)
- Connected the phone in fastboot mode to a computer with the fastboot tools and drivers correctly installed
- Ran the MiFlashUnlock tool (used version 1.1.0317.1, I have it if you need it), and unlocked the bootloader using a MI account with the needed permissions for unlocking
- With the bootloader unlocked, I reflashed TWRP and booted into it: (you can download twrp.img from here)

> fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
> fastboot boot twrp.img

- In my case, I had a problem in which my storage seemed encrypted, so I had to format /data from TWRP (It's in the Wipe section, and then wipe data, Internal Storage, Cache, and ART/Dalvik cache. Rebooting back into TWRP might be needed after that
- With the connected computer, transfer the xiaomi.eu ROM to internal storage (I used 8.0.10.0 Stable; the computer will see the phone as a removable drive while TWRP is running)
- Flash the ROM from TWRP, Install > Select the ROM file
- Wipe Cache/Dalvik upon finishing, then reboot into system.

I had a clean 8.0.10.0 install correctly working. After that, I upgraded to 8.1.2.0, but directly from TWRP, successfully.

Last edited: