About Stable 8.1.2.0

fmkhan100

Members
Jul 30, 2016
Today Stable 8.1.2.0 has been uploaded by the admin,, a very big applause for admin Ingbrzy....
But the size of stable 8.1.2.0 is exactly same as 8.1.1.0
Can someone kindly clarify why size is exactly same? There should be atleast a byte difference.

Hi,

The file sizes match (I don't know if they match to the byte level, but they sure look similar), but the MD5 hashes are different. They are different files, so I wouldn't worry too much about the size coincidence.

By the way, has anyone updated to 8.1.2.0? I skipped 8.1.1.0 because the MIUI China Stable on which it is based was actually suspended because of bugs...

Please... Has anyone flashed stable 8.1.2.0? I did via the updater app, as I have done with the last two updates, and found severe problems (bootloader relocked, TWRP overwritten with stock recovery, data partition encrypted and all data on the phone lost), as I explain in detail in this other thread.

Did anyone found similar problems? Did I do something wrong? Anyway, until I have a better understanding about what happened, I'm staying on 8.0.10.0...

Bootloader locked? Really?
I have not flashed 8.1.2.0 yet, but I will not flash it if it locks the bootloader....
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Can any admin clear this problem?

Are you sure you installed our ROM and not Global?
Anyone else experienced that?

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Of course, absolutely sure...! Downloaded from here, checked MD5... Flashed from xiaomi.eu 8.0.10.0 Stable via Updater app...

I reverted to 8.0.10.0 now, and am setting everything up again... Sigh... This just goes to show how important is to backup before an upgrade :)

Anyway, what happened is strange and weird... Please, if I can provide any further info about this, just ask away...

Other thing: I skipped 8.1.1.0, and jumped straight from 8.0.10.0 to 8.1.2.0, could that be related to the problem? Don't think so, but I'd very much like to understand what happened and why...

OK I flash 8.1.2.0 directly from 8.0.10.0 with TWRP - Flash zip-Wipe cache/ dalvik. I don't have courage to do it from updater app :) and everything go with no problem. For now the phone work like charm and thanks god new system sounds....

Reactions: Jaime DLH
Ok, so two success cases flashing from TWRP... Maybe I'll give it another shot... Thanks a lot for the feedback

On my device the settings app crashes when entering battery section.

This is why i decided to stick with the best working rom and not to update and experiment with new roms , i stick with 8.0.6 ( oktober ) until next year or when 8.2.0 will be released !

OK, narrowed it down. When language is set to german, settings app crashes when opening "Battery use".

Hi everyone,
Like Jaime LHD I flashed 8.1.2.0 and got relocked bootloader. My redmi 3s doesn' t boot. I can't unlock bootloader, what can I do now? Thank you

Fortunately I haven't flashed 8.1.2.0 yet.
Let's hope that admin ingbrzy takes notice of the problem and fix it for stable release so that future stable release roms don't have this problem.

Yes, I went to updater then three dots on the upper right corner then reboot to recovery. Then I installed the rom

The same mistake as Jaime. Others have no problems updating directly from twrp, not updater application.

[

Try this tread
Hi,
I have already read that thread but my problem is I had no mi account in the phone and I can't unlock its bootloader, it gives me an error: mi account used to unlock is different from the account on the phone. Thats true, I googled and I Need a working phone to solve this. I Need a way to flash a rom on it whitout unlocking bootloader!