Accidently upgraded the Redmi note (WCDMA ) with the TD-SCDMA version ROM (HELP to recover).

Suresh madhania

Members
Jul 1, 2014
I received my Xiaomi hongmi Note 2 (1.7 GHz version) from merimobiles.com today. The phone came with version (17) of MIUI and it wanted the latest version (23). Therefore, I tried to upgrade the phone and downloaded the latest ROM from the MIUI site. But I accidently,downloaded the ROM meant for TD-SCDMA( china) version instead of WCDMA(international) version. After installing the upgrade, i came to know that i had installed the wrong ROM. However, the phone is booting and working properly except that it cannot make and receive calls. Before upgrading the ROM it was working perfectly and signal reception was also fine, but now it does not show any signals at all. Please............. help me, to install the original ROM.
Thanks in advance.

Do the same action ... download the 23 rom ..... put it in sd card .... and go to update app..... select manually update and select the file from sd card

Do the same action ... download the 23 rom ..... put it in sd card .... and go to update app..... select manually update and select the file from sd card
I did the same as u told. but i am getting the error as below:-

Installing update Android.....
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="lcsh92_wet_jb9" 11
getprop("ro.build.product") == "lcsh92_wet_jb9"
Update.zip is not correct
Installation aborted.

I received my Xiaomi hongmi Note 2 (1.7 GHz version) from merimobiles.com today. The phone came with version (17) of MIUI and it wanted the latest version (23). Therefore, I tried to upgrade the phone and downloaded the latest ROM from the MIUI site. But I accidently,downloaded the ROM meant for TD-SCDMA( china) version instead of WCDMA(international) version. After installing the upgrade, i came to know that i had installed the wrong ROM. However, the phone is booting and working properly except that it cannot make and receive calls. Before upgrading the ROM it was working perfectly and signal reception was also fine, but now it does not show any signals at all. Please............. help me, to install the original ROM.
Thanks in advance.

I did the same earlier. I just update the correct rom again and it works fine after that. :)

did you flashed the wrong version of ROM as I did? If yes, then please guide me to flash the correct
Rom.

Earlier I downloaded and updated to TD by mistake. To flash back to WCDMA is basically using the same method as I did updating TD firmware. I go into recovery mode and update from SDCard. :)

Earlier I downloaded and updated to TD by mistake. To flash back to WCDMA is basically using the same method as I did updating TD firmware. I go into recovery mode and update from SDCard. :)

Actually, i tried to update the WCDMA ROM via recovery mode as you suggested, but it still gave me errors. Then I googled on the net for its solution and I finally got the right method. It was a bit lengthy but it worked for me. First i rooted my redmi note then I installed custom recovery (TWRP) and finally installed the (WCDMA) ROM via custom recovery. Now my phone is working perfectly OK. Here is the procedure I followed:-

1. I rooted my Redmi Note.
2. Then I installed the custom Recovery: Got it here.
3. Use Mobiluncle Tools to flash the recovery image. Link for mobile recovery tools : here
then install the Updated ROM via custom recovery.
The ROM To be copyed to sd card and installed with (TWRP), be sure to factory reset before install, after install then wipe cache and dalvik then reboot.
However,this method worked for me. But i am not sure that it will work for you as well .
I am not responsible for any damage caused to you. So, please do solely at your own your risk!!!
I am thankful to discodave for his valuable post, here.

Enjoy..