acore force close HELP!

May 20, 2011
First off, I would like to say that MIUI is the best rom I have ever seen for Android. I have flashed almost a dozen roms recently, and MIUI is the smoothest and most beautiful rom out there.

HTC EVO
I am getting a force-close error that says "process com.android.acore" when I run MIUI on my phone. Just to make sure it wasnt something in my phone, I flashed 4 other roms and none of the other ones gave me this error. When I flash a new rom, I ALWAYS make sure to wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache. There seems to be a lot of information about this error on the internet, but no one can seem to narrow it down to one particular cause. The only thing I can think of is a kernel thing. I have never changed the kernel since I got the phone, so Im not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone have any ideas?

May 20, 2011
No. But someone in another forum suggested that the version of MIUI that I was using was causing problems. I had 1.5.6, but I went back to 1.5.20 and have been ok since.

Dec 8, 2010
No. But someone in another forum suggested that the version of MIUI that I was using was causing problems. I had 1.5.6, but I went back to 1.5.20 and have been ok since.
1.5.20 (may 20 2011) is newer than 1.5.6 (may 6 2011) so you actually upgraded ;)

May 20, 2011
Well that's an odd numbering system isn't it? Will the next version be translated better? Half of my menus are still in another language.

Dec 8, 2010
I believe something like 11.05.06 and 11.05.20 instead of the current numbers in use would be much better to avoid confusion but who am I to decide ;)

About the menus - download and flash the language pack for your device. Wipe cache and dalvik-cache first.

May 6, 2011
I have noted the force close happens with some themes. Changing the theme fixes the issue.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miuiandroid.com forum app

May 20, 2011
So I have been looking around on the forums and i have seen a few other posts about people having this error after restoring with titanium backup from a sense rom. Since then, I flashed MIUI and didn't bring anything over from sense. I only restored Apps from the market. I haven't seen this error since. Great job everyone!

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

May 27, 2011
I have also noticed this problem on my sgs-v for bell

I've been running 1.5.20 for over a week, never having a problem. Then early this morning, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING started fcing. Not only acore but mms, Facebook, system and user-installed apps alike. I wiped both caches, but as soon as my phone went through and finished the bootup, I had at least 6 pop ups saying so-in-so program suddenly stopped. I had the original theme installed, and I couldn't changed anything. Couldn't run backup cause the acore closed. I finally re-flashed 1.5.20 and it's been ok since. If I try to upgrade to a new rom of Miui, I get the constant fcing of all the system and user apps and have to downgrade again. Everytime I do the proper wipes before installing, and also have the language pack installed. I would like to run the newer rom, but with all the fcs, I can't use my phone at all

Sent from my GT-I9000 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

May 20, 2011
My evo did the same thing last night. First it was facebook, then sms, followed by acore. Since I didn't do any kind of restore, it seems to be working fine now.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

May 27, 2011
Unfortunately because my phone is the only way for work contact, I can't have it down, so for now I'm forced to run the older one til I have time to figure things out :s

Sent from my GT-I9000 using the miuiandroid.com forum app