Resolved Adjust text and backgrounds not working

mdfkz

Members
Jul 30, 2019
Why, Adjust text and backgrounds automatically not working in xiaomi.eu? On global rom is working. I remember that it was like that on my old mi6 with xiaomi.eu rom, too. On global rom when i enable this option the text become less brighter and etc.
Screenshot_2023-05-20-00-52-22-186-edit_com.android.settings.jpg

Reactions: Birraque
I checked the related MIUI code - it's broken since Android 12. Xiaomi messed it up.
I even did a quick patch job and made it work, although it's not applied on reboot, because again, Xiaomi did not implement it correctly.

I think its broken on xiaomi.eu since my mi6
Probably not. It calculates the contrast based on the currently set brightness of the screen, on older devices it will not change the contrast when the brightness is above a certain point. Above roughly 40% on Mi 8, for example, but will work on Xiaomi 12 at any brightness (if implemented correctly).
Don't compare to Mi 6, it's an antique. Try lowering your brightness while toggling it on/off until you reach a point where you see the contrast change...

Probably not. It calculates the contrast based on the currently set brightness of the screen, on older devices it will not change the contrast when the brightness is above a certain point. Above roughly 40% on Mi 8, for example, but will work on Xiaomi 12 at any brightness (if implemented correctly).
Don't compare to Mi 6, it's an antique. Try lowering your brightness while toggling it on/off until you reach a point where you see the contrast change...
This is not true! On mi6 global version this option works perfectly. It just didn't work on xiaomi.eu rom. I check it on mi6, mi 10, and my current Poco F2 Pro. It's very old option nothing exclusively new.

This is not true! On mi6 global version this option works perfectly. It just didn't work on xiaomi.eu rom. I check it on mi6, mi 10, and my current Poco F2 Pro. It's very old option nothing exclusively new.
You can say whatever you want, but I'm the one who sees and understands the code, and arguing with facts is pointless.
Whatever the issue was, it's not a "xiaomi.eu problem", it's a China ROM problem at the very least, and since we don't get paid by Xiaomi to fix their broken code, I don't see why we should take that blame on us.

I'm not blaming any of xiaomi.eu devs. I don't know if this option is broken on china rom, i just saying that it's working perfectly on global rom.

I'm not blaming any of xiaomi.eu devs. I don't know if this option is broken on china rom, i just saying that it's working perfectly on global rom.
On what version exactly does it work perfectly?

Also, your statement is ridiculous, I have a Mi 6 right here and it doesn't even have an "Adjust text and backgrounds automatically" setting, because it wasn't added to MIUI back in Android 9 MIUI 12. I have it on Mi 8 (Android 10 MIUI 12.5) where the setting is available and works.

for mi6 11.0.6.0.PCAMIXM , for poco f2 i don't remember but i bought it with stock global rom

You can say whatever you want, but I'm the one who sees and understands the code, and arguing with facts is pointless.
Whatever the issue was, it's not a "xiaomi.eu problem", it's a China ROM problem at the very least, and since we don't get paid by Xiaomi to fix their broken code, I don't see why we should take that blame on us.
Thanks to fix one more Xiaomi's Bug.

Cheers,

Reactions: Jacometto