Advice for TWRP

Donsherlock

Members
Feb 5, 2021
Hello dear people on this forum I am in need of some advice so here I am :)
I have an issue with updates on my Poco F2 Pro (weekly) and i have currently TWRP 3.4.2B-1206 by wzsx150 installed.

When a new update comes along, I download it and restart in recovery:
I am asked to type my screen lock password and even if the password is correct it cannot proceed, and now I have 2 options:

A) Press cancel (then it installs the update, but I am afraid it might not install it properly)
B) I do (my) "workaround" by disabling screen protection installing before the update and then turning screen lock back on afterwards.(which I do, and it annoys me)

Furthermore, I am actually looking for a fix for this annoying issue.
As I know, there are currently only 2 TWRP options for my Phone, either wzsx150 or manuelbianco.

So this brings me to my actual Question:
Is manuelbiancos TWRP possibly better and more stable(maybe) or is this bug also prominent there?

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

If you want to update,there are two ways to update your phone
Either remove password or security and fingerprint from phone setting then you can install update without giving password
OR
You can install recovery 3.5 version from this link and then u can update without removing password and i would recommend you to install this recovery

Reactions: Poney70
I have that recovery on my F2 Pro and it is able to decrypt the partions, but every time I start a backup it fails at the very end with 255.

How to solve that problem? I do not want to root the phone and use Titanium because this is my workhorse phone and from the past, I know how much time juggling with root, magisk and such things take.

I have that recovery on my F2 Pro and it is able to decrypt the partions, but every time I start a backup it fails at the very end with 255.

How to solve that problem? I do not want to root the phone and use Titanium because this is my workhorse phone and from the past, I know how much time juggling with root, magisk and such things take.
Go into twrp. Remove the folder /data/extm
Start backup and this will do.
Backup will be stored in /data/media/0/twrp/backup

Reactions: Poney70
This happened to me before and the way to solve it is to remove your lockscreen password and fingerprint then go to twrp