Dec 21, 2018
From everything I've seen so far regarding screen protectors for the Redmi Note 7/Pro, it appears the glass manufactured by GlazedInc is the very best. It offers very good edge-to-edge protection, but unfortunately it's only available for the Indian market.

However I've found a really good glass for the European market manufactured by Akashi Paris. I wouldn't say it's as good as the one manufactured by GlazedInc, but it's almost perfect (99% edge-to-edge protection). The black edges around the glass are very well executed and are very close to perfection. They intrude into the display just by a width of a hair. But it's not really noticeable unless you read a text which begins from the very edge of the screen where you'll see the black edge of the glass touching the first letter. Nonetheless the black areas for the notch and the bottom chin are matched really well. It only leaves a 0.5 mm gap at the top, a 1 mm gap on both sides and a 1.5 mm gap at the bottom for the LED notification light which is only partially covered in order to maximize the light emitted by the LED (the part of the glass which partially covers the LED notification light is completely transparent so as to match the size of the LED).

Compared to the same type of glass manufactured by Nillkin it is much better. And although it's a 0.33 mm glass, it is visibly thinner than most screen protectors of such thickness and it's also lighter. The edge-to-edge execution is also much better as it gives a seamless overall appearance. The edges of the glass are glued perfectly to the 2.5D edges of the screen. The clarity of the glass is also very good and it doesn't distort colors or compromise the viewing experience in any way.

I highly recommend this tempered glass as it's the best I've tested so far. It's difficult to find screen protectors with such good execution as I've had a poor experience with Nillkin which although offers good quality glass, it falls short when it comes to edge-to-edge execution, leaving large gaps on the sides and poorly matched areas for the notch and bottom chin.