Invalid Alarm creates error and phone keeps restarting over and over

MarijaMaki994

Members
Aug 12, 2020
Hi,
Please if you can help in any way. I had to do factory reset two times because of the failure. It started yesterday morning,. I set multiple alarm clocks as usual, been doing that for 6 months. And the phone started restarting over and over.Did a factory reset, and for the whole day tried to replicate multiple alarms and the issue, but it did not happen. This morning same failure, only this time I had a chance to read the error message -

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider android support v4 content FileProvider java lang IllegalArgumentException. Failed to resolve canonical path for /data/user/0/com.miui.securitycenter/cache/na_files and so on...

Had to do a factory reset but I am afraid it will happen again :( I can not confirm it is the alarm since I couldn't replicate the issue yesterday, but nothing else was happening nor did I do anything to the phone. It is under warranty.

Doesn't sound like a ROM issue, rather a configuration issue. Factory reset should be enough to solve it.

Thank you for your answer. But I had to do it twice, phone becomes unresponsive, it doesn't look like it solved the issue. Maybe I should stop it from updating to newest version of software?

Update for anyone who might have the same issue and stumbles upon this post. I have disabled the clock app and stopped using it as alarm, and my phone did not crash again. Not the best solution but it is what it is I guess :/

No, it did not help, now I get a different error, please can someone help me. Please see the picture below. This makes only my calls unresponsive, and other functions of the phone are ok.

Update: when I clicked on deinstall updates for the app, it started to work normally. It is a system app for making phone calls.