Invalid Alarm creates error and phone keeps restarting over and over

MarijaMaki994

Members
Aug 12, 2020
Hi,
Please if you can help in any way. I had to do factory reset two times because of the failure. It started yesterday morning,. I set multiple alarm clocks as usual, been doing that for 6 months. And the phone started restarting over and over.Did a factory reset, and for the whole day tried to replicate multiple alarms and the issue, but it did not happen. This morning same failure, only this time I had a chance to read the error message -

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider android support v4 content FileProvider java lang IllegalArgumentException. Failed to resolve canonical path for /data/user/0/com.miui.securitycenter/cache/na_files and so on...

Had to do a factory reset but I am afraid it will happen again :( I can not confirm it is the alarm since I couldn't replicate the issue yesterday, but nothing else was happening nor did I do anything to the phone. It is under warranty.

Igor Eisberg

Lead Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Doesn't sound like a ROM issue, rather a configuration issue. Factory reset should be enough to solve it.

MarijaMaki994

Members
Aug 12, 2020
Thank you for your answer. But I had to do it twice, phone becomes unresponsive, it doesn't look like it solved the issue. Maybe I should stop it from updating to newest version of software?

MarijaMaki994

Members
Aug 12, 2020
Update for anyone who might have the same issue and stumbles upon this post. I have disabled the clock app and stopped using it as alarm, and my phone did not crash again. Not the best solution but it is what it is I guess :/

MarijaMaki994

Members
Aug 12, 2020
No, it did not help, now I get a different error, please can someone help me. Please see the picture below. This makes only my calls unresponsive, and other functions of the phone are ok.

MarijaMaki994

Members
Aug 12, 2020
Update: when I clicked on deinstall updates for the app, it started to work normally. It is a system app for making phone calls.