Invalid Always On Display

Meilion

Members
Mar 21, 2019
Hello,

I use Mi8 Lite with 9.5.16 EU Beta. Although there is an option to activate AOD, it is not working.

Could you help me?

Hello,

I use Mi8 Lite with 9.5.16 EU Beta. Although there is an option to activate AOD, it is not working.

Could you help me?
Try this:
Go to TWRP,WIPE,Advanced Wipe,"DALVIK CACHE" and "CACHE",SWIPE TO WIPE,Reboot system.
After that, say me if AOD work fine.

I know, I have LCD screen. However, there is an option for it in settings. So, this means I can use it. If I cannot, it is a bug.

Well, you're not supposed to see Ambient display on Mi 8 Lite, so probably a bug. Try 9.5.23 when it's released.

Reactions: Meilion
Gmail works perfectly here, so no idea. Did you, by mistake, disable "Turn on MIUI optimization" in Developer options?
Out of Curiosity, what exactly does "MIUI Optimization" means?
and for the topic above; I am a mi6 user and the option to turn on the AOD popped up after I turned off Miui Optimization. So yeah, turning it on again should make it disappear.

Out of Curiosity, what exactly does "MIUI Optimization" means?
A lot of things, mainly under-the-hood. I'm not working for Xiaomi so I don't have the specifics for you.

and for the topic above; I am a mi6 user and the option to turn on the AOD popped up after I turned off Miui Optimization. So yeah, turning it on again should make it disappear.
Yes, I disabled that option since I have the problem when it is enabled,too.
Then we cannot support anything that's happening on your device. MIUI optimization should remain enabled at all times. Disabling it causes many weird behaviors, for example: users reported that after disabling MIUI optimization, they could see the Ambient display even though their device is not supported. Disabling MIUI optimization is intended for developers only.

Reactions: Meilion