Android 7 (nougat) On Mi5s?

Pedro Pinheiro

Members
Oct 17, 2016
Hello!
Does anybody have an idea about when Android 7 will be on a Xiaomi.eu rom for MI5s?
I noticed that MI5 already has a few weeks ago, so I confess I'm surprised with the delay.
Best wishes,

Pedro

The new Lineage OS version works like a charm. The fingerprint sensor even is unfamiliarly fast and seems better than I've ever experienced with a Miui-version - which is a pity for Miui...
There are some minor bugs but I would call it usable.

In a cooled down environment I got more than 156000 points in Antutu with it.

Screenshot_20170202-023138.png

Last edited:
The new version works like a charm. The fingerprint sensor even is unfamiliarly fast and seems better than I've ever experienced with a Miui-version - which is a pity for Miui...

View attachment 15114
Is that for the MI5s or MI5s Plus and which rom did you use?

The new Lineage OS version works like a charm. The fingerprint sensor even is unfamiliarly fast and seems better than I've ever experienced with a Miui-version - which is a pity for Miui...

View attachment 15114
Can you make one GeekBench test on it?

Can you make one GeekBench test on it?

Screenshot_20170209-225055.png Screenshot_20170209-230628.png

1.: Benchmark direct after download of Geekbench in my room
2.: Benchmark while lying in the fridge ;-)
ROM: Android 7.1 Lineage OS 14.1 version 20170127 capricorn

I don't know anything about Geekbench. Are those results fine?

I want to try LineageOS but I don't know which camera app should I use to have best quality. Any ideas?

Snapdragon 820?
I dont know why SD820 is reported there, but no device with 4GB ram and 128GB nand. There is no way to be Mi5.

Check this official benchmark for Mi5s.

https://compubench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=compu20&os=Android&api=rs&D=Xiaomi+MI+5S&testgroup=info

https://compubench.com/compare.jsp?benchmark=compu20&D1=Xiaomi+MI+5S

Phone is marked as SD820 instead of 821. SO have logic to be Nougat for mi5s?

This is suspicious benchmark for Nougat.

https://gfxbench.com/resultdetails.jsp?resultid=BGtgqJ3PwmKW58OtlhK9Yw

Last edited:

View attachment 15114

I tried this, with OMS support one. all you said it's true, flawless except minor bugs. mine just clock apps do not want to open (ex: to set alarm) but still working to show the time. But I have problem here, this OS don't pass the safetynet, it said CTS profile did not match which is i can't open my mobile banking apps. I googled that there is a way, but I don't familiar with this kind of thing like magisk, systemless root.

I prefer to wait this xiaomi.eu room update on nougat and also, you will missed (I don't know it's miui features or not) the touchball :)

LineageOMS-14.1-20170522-UNOFFICIAL Capricorn
Open-Gapps-arm64-7.1-mini-20170521