Android 7 To 5.1

MILTON94

Members
Jun 21, 2017
Hi, how are you?

I'm trying the latest version of MIUI 8.2 (Android 7) and I want to go back to Android 5.1

I'd like to know what method I can use to get back to that Android. I do not know if using the TWRP or MIFlash method via fastboot
And one more thing, I use the ROMs of Xiaomi.eu since I have them in Spanish

Thank you :)

Hi, how are you?

I'm trying the latest version of MIUI 8.2 (Android 7) and I want to go back to Android 5.1

I'd like to know what method I can use to get back to that Android. I do not know if using the TWRP or MIFlash method via fastboot
And one more thing, I use the ROMs of Xiaomi.eu since I have them in Spanish

Thank you :)
Follow the steps 2-9 of this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3336779

Sent from my Mi4c using Tapatalk

Reactions: MILTON94
That guide is to unlock the Bootloader? Do a downgrade? I have the bootloader unlocked and I have the TWRP installed. I wanted to know if to do the Downgrade I can flash the rom with the TWRP
Well.. you can't flash a 5.1 with TWRP beeing on a 7.0 rom. To do that, you need to flash (via MiFlash) miui 6.1.7 and unlock bootloader again (you don't need xiaomi's permission), then install twrp 3.0.2 and flash the 5.1 rom. It's all explained at the thread I've posted... I know it's a guide to unlock the bootloader, but the steps 2-9 are the same to downgrade ;)

Well.. you can't flash a 5.1 with TWRP beeing on a 7.0 rom. To do that, you need to flash (via MiFlash) miui 6.1.7 and unlock bootloader again (you don't need xiaomi's permission), then install twrp 3.0.2 and flash the 5.1 rom. It's all explained at the thread I've posted... I know it's a guide to unlock the bootloader, but the steps 2-9 are the same to downgrade ;)

I have to install a diamond and uninstall the charger to install the twrp and there flashear another rom

Thank you!

Reactions: Igor Vieira
I have to install a diamond and uninstall the charger to install the twrp and there flashear another rom

Thank you!
I'm sorry but.. diamond? Charger? Well, just follow the steps 2-9 as I've said. Regards!

I also want back to 6.12.22 but I dont know if I understand.
1. Fastboot
2. fastboot oem edl
3. MiFlash 6.12.22
4. Optional to unlock bootloader
That's all ??
And additional question
Can I unlock bootloader via official tool - I got permision to do it?

I also want back to 6.12.22 but I dont know if I understand.
1. Fastboot
2. fastboot oem edl
3. MiFlash 6.12.22
4. Optional to unlock bootloader
That's all ??
And additional question
Can I unlock bootloader via official tool - I got permision to do it?
No.. at your step 3, you can't flash 6.12.22, you need to flash 6.1.7 (as is said at the thread). Well.. after flashing 6.1.7 you can unlock by the official method, but it takes time... It's too simple to unlock by the fastboot.

No.. at your step 3, you can't flash 6.12.22, you need to flash 6.1.7 (as is said at the thread). Well.. after flashing 6.1.7 you can unlock by the official method, but it takes time... It's too simple to unlock by the fastboot.

Ohhh ok
So after flash 6.1.7, unlock bootloader and instal twrp. Then flash 6.12.22. Right ?

However....if you have a locked bootloader...Igor's method is required....

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
Well, I think he need to downgrade for Lollipop bootloader even his bootloader is unlocked. 'cause it's not possible to flash a TWRP version for Lollipop (3.0.2.0) beeing on a Nougat bootloader...

I got 7.0 now, 7.6.22, unlocked bootloader via official tool. Im not glad how my mi4c works on 7.0. Battery is worst, BT is worst (miband2 notify with delay), problems with notification on inbox and gmail, chrome crash.

I got 7.0 now, 7.6.22, unlocked bootloader via official tool. Im not glad how my mi4c works on 7.0. Battery is worst, BT is worst (miband2 notify with delay), problems with notification on inbox and gmail, chrome crash.
Yeah.. I've used MIUI with android 7 too.. There's no version that worth it. On android 5.1 is much better.

Reactions: iamme729
I just completed Igor's method on one of my Mi4c's that had a fake vendor ROM on it....it's an easy fix and if you have no intentions of going to Android N it's a good option....

Thx buddy! :D

I just completed Igor's method on one of my Mi4c's that had a fake vendor ROM on it....it's an easy fix and if you have no intentions of going to Android N it's a good option....

So which rom you got now ? I thinging which I should flash. 6.12.22 (last 5.1?) or maybe any other? What do you thing ?

Heh, I'm back to 8.0.5.0 and that was very good choice. Battery is much better, BT works better, don't have delay on my miband2, and finally Chrome didn't crash. Sync on gmail / inbox works fine.
Thanks for tutorial

Hi, everyone
Since I found myself exactly with the same problem as MILTON94, I decided to follow almost to the letter the instructions given in this thread, with great success. This is what I’ve done:
Previous step:
- Create a folder in C:\123 (in which a placed the folder: “libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn”)

And then get on with the flashing following the advice given by Igor:

1. Reboot into fastboot mode, connect phone to PC, and check connection and bootloader status with commands:
fastboot devices
fastboot oem device-info

2. I omitted the command `fastboot oem edl´, and went directly to step 3 since I had an unlocked bootloader.
3. Use MiFlash to flash 6.1.7 image
At this step of flashing only the option “Flash All” worked, (the others MiFlash options: “Flash All except storage” etc, didn’t work, giving me the error message: “Couldn’t find to execute the file 000008888” (or something like that).
So I thought, ... what the hell, let’s get on with the cleanest flash of all!

Flash was completed in about 150 seconds with no problems at all.

4. When flash was completed I left the phone alone and it rebooted itself after a few seconds.
5. ROM 6.1.7 was completely loaded and working fine, so I turned off phone and reboot it into fastboot mode to check bootloader status again. Bootloader was unlocked.

I had no time for going any further, so I left it at this point.
Thanks a lot for your great help. I'll keep you updated ...
4.Android & MIUI version.png

OK, I carried on with the process: Flashing TWRP

6. Boot into fastboot, and flash TWRP

… and this is what happens when I try to check twrp:

Phone recovery always starts "Mi-Recovery"

I have tried flashing different twrp images with same result. The flashing process always seems OK, no error messages whatsoever. In fact, after flashing twrp, If I reboot with command: “fastboot boot twrp.img”, the phone boots with TWRP alright, then I shut down the phone and … when I reboot in recovery mode (VolumeUP + Power), the phone always boots with Mi-Recovery.
TWRP images tested so far:
1. twrp-for libra – aqua: (twrp-20170817-0823.img) for Mi4C (38.236 KB)
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634793208
2. twrp-3.0.2-0-libra (for Android 5.1)
https://dl.twrp.me/libra/twrp-3.0.2-0-libra.img.html

I simply don’t have a clue what I’m doing wrong. So at this point, I consider updating via Update Package to a different rom like the International (miui_MI4c_5.10.8_5b7ec5aad6_5.1), but before doing that, I wanted to know if flashing TWRP is possible with my current rom 6.1.7
Any ideas?

Very odd indeed.....try an earlier version of TWRP...
https://dl.twrp.me/m7/twrp-2.8.7.0-m7.img.html

Yes, I’ve tried that older version, as well as 5 other different twrp versions, they all flash OK, reboot (from fastboot) OK – new twrp appears on screen working OK, but ... when I shut down phone and try to reboot it again in twrp recovery, I always get the MI-Recovery. I tried many different ways of getting the twrp working, but … always end up with Mi-recovery

- Twrp flashing process OK
- I write command: “reboot twrp.img” ... OK (phone boots into new Recovery TWRP)
- In twrp I select “reboot bootloader” ... OK (phone boots into bootloader)
Other times (still in twrp) I also tried “reboot twrp” or “reboot system”, etc … but always phone boots in Mi-Recovery.
The twrp is there, somewhere in the phone memory, because if I connect it again in fastboot mode and write command: “fastboot boot twrp.img”, then the phone boots OK with a fully working TWRP.
The problem here is that … once I shut down the phone, I can’t manage to boot it in twrp recovery. I tried everything, believe me!

So … I gave up with this method and going to “B” plan: that is installing a different rom :
(miui_MI4c_5.10.8_5b7ec5aad6_5.1), via Updater package

and see what happens ...

¡¡¡ALELUYA!! OK, problem solved:
What I did was to install “twrp 3.0.2-0-libra” via Play Store (as recommended in TS WEB), and … voilà!, twrp working perfectly alright!
Then, I flashed to rom 6.12.22, where my Mi4C belongs to, and … from which, should have never changed.

Thanks Iamme729 for your continuous attention and support!! ;)