New Android Auto screen casting completely broken on Redmi Note 6 Pro (and other Xiaomi phones)

RomanDesign

Members
Nov 8, 2018
Android Auto doesn't work at all - car screen shows black bars on top and bottom, no menu buttons, touch is mostly non-responsive, it's completely broken. Looks like screen casting is broken on many Xiaomi phones and transmits wrong screen aspect ratio. There is an XDA topic where people are complaining of the same problem on different cars and different Xiaomi phones, such as Mi8 with MIUI10 and even A2 with stock Android. Note 6 Pro still has MIUI9 and the same bug occurs. One person reported that flashing Xiaomi.eu rom fixed that on his phone (different model). But so far there is no ROM for this device. I have bought Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro for my wife, and found this bug, and I have ordered Xiaomi Mi Max 3 for myself (not sure but it's likely to have the same bug), and this is a disaster. We have Android Auto in both cars and need it badly! Any advice on what to try or how to fix this is highly appreciated. I hope ROM developers are reading this - please try to test this and fix this in your ROM! Looks like it's possible at least in some Xiaomi.eu ROMs for some phones, so there must be a solution. Someone said changing DPI helped, but there is no DPI option in Note 6 Pro. Trying to enable 720p and/or 1080p in developer mode on Android Auto didn't help. Please save us, Xiaomu.eu gurus!

Attachments

• Android Auto.jpg
    Android Auto.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 954
Android auto works fine for me on Mix2... Notch devices works on pie only..

I don't think there are Pie ROMs for anytying but Mi8, even in beta. Certainly not for Note 6 Pro. This is a disaster... Phones from other brands with notch work OK, so I don't see how is it Android's fault...