Any mod to resize system partitions on the Xiaomi Mi8?

skan

Members
Aug 11, 2014
I'm looking for a mod or script to resize system, data, cache... partitions on the Xiaomi Mi8.
The default system size is too small (2.9GB) and gets full easily, causing problems on Google services and other apps.

In my phone I also see how /system grows.
Anyway, any mod or easy way to resize the /cache and /data partitions?

I don't have a Mi 8, but look in TWRP in "Advanced" if there might be a choice to modify partitions.

I remember I saw that in some TWRP, possibly unofficial, for some of my devices, but have never tried it.

I don't have a Mi 8, but look in TWRP in "Advanced" if there might be a choice to modify partitions.

I remember I saw that in some TWRP, possibly unofficial, for some of my devices, but have never tried it.

OK, I've found that TWRP 3.2.3 does have the option to resize partition, though I haven't dared to do it yet.

I don't understand why anyone would need to mess with that
Because no matter how much ROM has your phone the partitions used by the system have a fixed size and it can be too small.
If you google it you will find it's a common problem.

Dont worry about MI8 system partition size.. its enough for next 3 android versions..

Reactions: LaurentiuCTN
Why you seeing system partition used space grow? Nothing from user or app can touch system partition. Except root and move user app to system partition. Dont worry about that