Any reason not to use china server?

mark2410

Members
Nov 8, 2017
is i have a bunch of things that are only sold in china ive currently set the server to china, is there any reason not to just use the china server for everything?

one of them is that not everything works on china server. for instance, my roborock only works on european/usa/india/malaysia etc server, but not on china server. since i also have devices that work on china only, awkward solution is to use "dual apps" facility in xiaomi phone and have two instances of mi home app, one on european server, the other on china server. no way to use all the devices together though, there are two different ecosystems.

Reactions: BASSHA
anyone know why the F xiaomi do this? i bought some bulbs in uk, work in yeelight, wont be seen by mi home but i try a china bought bulb and it works fine in mi home. VVVV infuriating

anyone know why the F xiaomi do this? i bought some bulbs in uk, work in yeelight, wont be seen by mi home but i try a china bought bulb and it works fine in mi home. VVVV infuriating

I think it's the same company problem that results in Xiaomi trying to brick phones when folk flash an "incorrect" region ROM China/Global.

Some parts of the Xiaomi organisation want to create completely separate markets China/Global, other parts of Xiaomi continue to sell things through various "gray" sales channels.

As long as Xiaomi does not fix it's internal organisational problems, one must be very careful buying and using their products.

I think it's the same company problem that results in Xiaomi trying to brick phones when folk flash an "incorrect" region ROM China/Global.

Some parts of the Xiaomi organisation want to create completely separate markets China/Global, other parts of Xiaomi continue to sell things through various "gray" sales channels.

As long as Xiaomi does not fix it's internal organisational problems, one must be very careful buying and using their products.

well, my alternate solution is ill just stop buying xiaomi products or at the least stop buying the more expensive global ones (i spend most of year in china) but if they think they can dictate what i can do with things ive paid for then to me thats not buying but renting. I like their stuff but if it wont work becaues they are choosing to not let it then its no use, so easier just to buy something else instead.

well, my alternate solution is ill just stop buying xiaomi products or at the least stop buying the more expensive global ones (i spend most of year in china) but if they think they can dictate what i can do with things ive paid for then to me thats not buying but renting. I like their stuff but if it wont work becaues they are choosing to not let it then its no use, so easier just to buy something else instead.

I have also not bought a few Xiaomi products because of their customer unfriendly policy.

One would think they would accept that people do travel and move around the world, even to/from China.

Possibly it's a residue of the Soviet era command&control mentality still evident in China, despite Xiaomi being a private company.