XIAOMI products stopped connecting to China mainland server

Seems my vacuum works again if resetting and reconnecting to the app. Seems the timing was identical that gateways and wifi sockets stopped, but was able to add the S2 vacuum again.

Interesting thing..... Still had a WiFi plug laying in a cabinet.
Plugged it in and it worked. For 1 day....... Then same story.
I tried astrill vpn being in China but even though the device connects through my mobile hotspot it remains offline.

I am wondering how some could get out to become online with a vpn. Which one and configured how ? Living where? Use second phone or on phone itself?

Finally I found this post!
I've the same problem, and I was geeting crazy with it! I lost connection for all my Philips Downligth lamps, and still cannot connect them to Xiaomi.
I remove some from xioami account and now I cannot reconnect them, the oths I didn't touched are still OFFLINE.
I'll try to do what was posted previously.

Well, problem solved...... at least for now

No real cause found , it just started to have connection again for an hour then again a few days not.
Added an old device, worked for 2 days then a day not.

Now it seems all the WiFi plugs are connected again... The gateway I have to try later.

Weird and unstable, I just bought all Tuya stuff to replace the xiaomi, keep this as a backup then....

But I do want to look into some local server setup, annoying to be dependent on the Internet or remote servers for having your lights to work.....
If anyone has an easy recommendation (raspberry server or sth low power consuming?) let me know....

Hope it all. Work's for you guys as well now?

So the 'smart'home log states that in the middle of last night, the gateway lost it's network connection. However, my internet is fine and my router shows the gateway is connected.

So it appears just the smart home app is not recognizing it or communicating with it properly.

The smarthome app just doesn't see it as active, ie it says the device is offline. But if I ignore that popup, it can still activate my alarm system if I click the gateway app icon for arming. Clicking on child devices, they all show disconnected. But if i activate a child device using it's hardware button, the gateway responds.

So definitely network connected, just not to the cloud services or something....

Wierd this only started today (in France) yet people in this thread has been having the same problem for weeks now apparently.

The solution seems to be that Xiaomi corrects the issue in due time and it's just a waiting game with everything offline, ie not that smart. I'm also thinking Tuya is the way to go now

So the 'smart'home log states that in the middle of last night, the gateway lost it's network connection. However, my internet is fine and my router shows the gateway is connected.

So it appears just the smart home app is not recognizing it or communicating with it properly.

The smarthome app just doesn't see it as active, ie it says the device is offline. But if I ignore that popup, it can still activate my alarm system if I click the gateway app icon for arming. Clicking on child devices, they all show disconnected. But if i activate a child device using it's hardware button, the gateway responds.

So definitely network connected, just not to the cloud services or something....

Wierd this only started today (in France) yet people in this thread has been having the same problem for weeks now apparently.

The solution seems to be that Xiaomi corrects the issue in due time and it's just a waiting game with everything offline, ie not that smart. I'm also thinking Tuya is the way to go now
Yes correct it got automatically solved after about 4 weeks. Step by step from temporary reconnecting to stable connected again. Hope it gets fixed for you as well. I would like to get rid of the cloud servers if possible and live independent on a raspberry or so.

Reactions: rhtizzy
Yes correct it got automatically solved after about 4 weeks. Step by step from temporary reconnecting to stable connected again. Hope it gets fixed for you as well. I would like to get rid of the cloud servers if possible and live independent on a raspberry or so.
Indeed, I think as soon as possible I'll be migrating to Home assistant which should run fine on an Rpi 4

Indeed, I think as soon as possible I'll be migrating to Home assistant which should run fine on an Rpi 4
Let me know please how easy that goes. Before starting this endeavour I would like to get some practical us feedback.... On webpage it all sounds simple, but is it....

Hi, I have the same issue since yesterday : my chinese hub and light bulb stopped working with no reason. I just received a notification for the offline hub, which is still connected to my wifi. I hope that it’s only an issue and not a marketing decision from Xiaomi

Hi, I have the same issue since yesterday : my chinese hub and light bulb stopped working with no reason. I just received a notification for the offline hub, which is still connected to my wifi. I hope that it’s only an issue and not a marketing decision from Xiaomi
Dont know if it's geographically but I live in Belgium and connect to China mainland server. My issues took 4 weeks before they resolved themselves. All actions I took did not help.

I have had no problems with my China devices and Mainland China server here in Germany. But it´s true, you can´t connect new or recently deleted China devices with Mi Home app. For that, I have an old Xiaomi Mi 3 device with old Mi Home app or an old iPad Air 1 with old app version. That is working without any problems.

I have had no problems with my China devices and Mainland China server here in Germany. But it´s true, you can´t connect new or recently deleted China devices with Mi Home app. For that, I have an old Xiaomi Mi 3 device with old Mi Home app or an old iPad Air 1 with old app version. That is working without any problems
I have recently lost connection to all my devices on Xiaomi home. I tried to repair the gateway but with no success.

I downloaded an old version of Xiaomi home app, version 6 from around 2019 but still no luck with reconnection unfortunately.

What app version are you running? When I pair gateway the blue light flashes up until around 25% then goes off and never completes pairing to WiFi.

I am in UK on Chinese Mainland server

I have recently lost connection to all my devices on Xiaomi home. I tried to repair the gateway but with no success.

I downloaded an old version of Xiaomi home app, version 6 from around 2019 but still no luck with reconnection unfortunately.

What app version are you running? When I pair gateway the blue light flashes up until around 25% then goes off and never completes pairing to WiFi.

I am in UK on Chinese Mainland server
Hello Dyl,

You have the same as many of us had. The blinking is also the same. Your gateway does connect to your WiFi (therefor the blinking stops) but does not connect to China mainland server. Hence you cannot see it connected in the MI Home app.

Also all devices that normally connect to your gateway then are not available.

Basically all I tried (and others) using VPN, removing adding again, different account, other versions, etc did not work stable or not at all. Only thing that worked was waiting a few weeks.....

I know, not really something that feels under control but it's the reality. For now all works stable again for me.

I had a bunch of Tuya replacements parts ordered and by the time they arrived xiaomi was restored.....
All the best hope it works soon again!
Gunter

Hello Dyl,

You have the same as many of us had. The blinking is also the same. Your gateway does connect to your WiFi (therefor the blinking stops) but does not connect to China mainland server. Hence you cannot see it connected in the MI Home app.

Basically all I tried (and others) using VPN, removing adding again, different account, other versions, etc did not work stable or not at all. Only thing that worked was waiting a few weeks.....

I know, not really something that feels under control but it's the reality. For now all works stable again for me.

I had a bunch of Tuya replacements parts ordered and by the time they arrived xiaomi was restored.....
Gunter
Hi Gunter,

Yes I also tried VPN with no success. Fingers crossed that I wait a few weeks and everything turns back to normal!

Everythings world again on my side : my light bulb and hub disapeared from my app, I’ve added them again and nos, everything works fine (I live in France and use Mi home latest version on iPhone)

Hello Dyl,

Gunter
Same issue here since yesterday, Mi Gateway (older version) lost connection, which about 15 devices connected there . All lost
Added again, no help but it conncets to the router, but not to the mainland china...
Interesting: It started to use bling bling door sound, when I open a door what is connected to that mi gateway (Not configured by me and I can't alter that so some kind of connection exist.. is it Default function, I don't know)

Same issue here since yesterday, Mi Gateway (older version) lost connection, which about 15 devices connected there . All lost
Added again, no help but it conncets to the router, but not to the mainland china...
Interesting: It started to use bling bling door sound, when I open a door what is connected to that mi gateway (Not configured by me and I can't alter that so some kind of connection exist.. is it Default function, I don't know)
Yes I also had some functions that continued to work (probably local functions) but could not change such as sensor activates gateway light.
Fingers crossed it starts working again in some weeks for you as well!

I'm using version 5.9.18 on a Mi 3 smartphone with MIUI 9.5 global and my Xiaomi account from times, when there were only chinese accounts. Server China, language German. Still everything working.