Any way to turn OFF the screen previews?

lordmuggins

Members
Feb 8, 2011
I accidentally (continually) seem to pull the gesture that activates the Sense/Exposé like previews. Does anyone know if I can turn this off? I've looked but been unable to find!

Gracias,

M

The gesture is pinch, so unless you are trying to use two fingers on your home screens (why would anyone use two fingers on the home screen anyways?), you shouldn't be activating it at all.

And to answer your question; no, there is no way to turn it off. Shouldn't be an issue as long as you aren't trying to use two fingers on your home screens.

On a side note, if you are on your default home screen and hit the home soft key on your phone, that too will activate the screen previews.

The gesture is pinch, so unless you are trying to use two fingers on your home screens (why would anyone use two fingers on the home screen anyways?), you shouldn't be activating it at all.

And to answer your question; no, there is no way to turn it off. Shouldn't be an issue as long as you aren't trying to use two fingers on your home screens.

On a side note, if you are on your default home screen and hit the home soft key on your phone, that too will activate the screen previews.

Actually, as the guy before you stated, you can also access the previews by pressing the home button while on the home screen. I've never used the pinch feature to access it.

Wrong. It does not require 2 fingers. MOST of the time when i try drag menu open from top of the screen, this goddamn preview opens. Its because my palm is touching the screen in addition to finger when opening the menu. Totally worthless feature and its freaking me out. Like many other "functionality features" in android also do. If its not that its my palm hitting BACK key. My back key works about 2mm above the button, so i dont actually have to touch it. This piece of s**t equipment is Samsung Galaxy Gio. I dont recommend.

The fact that you're touching the screen in two places has nothing to do with the equipment.

Totally worthless feature and its freaking me out. Like many other "functionality features" in android also do.

....maybe worthless to you.
Maybe you should go get an iPhone or something silly like that... *rolls eyes*

[Before anyone bitches at me for using MIUI, i like MIUI in that it looks nice, has many things that neither android or iphone has, and honestly, works very well on the droid incredible minus the lack of 720p video recording. But, honestly, that's my own freaking decision]

But honestly, the fact that you throw your opinion out there like it's the only thing that matters instantly makes me think you're an idiot. =/ No offense.