Application installation issue: "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card"

miui_newbie

Members
May 14, 2012
Hi, when installing a new application, I ran into the following error: "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card". Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem? Thanks.

• Mount the SD Card to your computer.
  • Backup ALL the contents.
  • Attempt a repair of the SD Card.
  • (If that fails). Download SD Formatter and re-format your SD Card.
  • Re-move your files from the backup, back onto SD Card.
  • Restart phone.
(This is assuming that your SD Card is fried. Try moving some APKs to the USB Storage to see if its really a problem or a just a market error). You may also try clearing the Market cache.
Hold Home -> App Manager -> Find Market -> Clear Cache

I did the above and cleared the cache and I'm still running into this problem. Strangely enough, I am able to update any packages that were already installed via the Market but on this particular application, it doesn't work and gives me the above error :(

I am facing the same problem with ICS.. The solution provided by "052" is the only way around this..

I have the same issue. It seems the apps are being installed on the external sd card instead of the internal sd card. Anyone knows how to fix this?

I have the same issue. It seems the apps are being installed on the external sd card instead of the internal sd card. Anyone knows how to fix this?
i too have this problem..my phone detects my external sd as my internal sd and my internal sd as my external sd!its annoying!