New Apps crash right after opening

shemma303

Members
Nov 8, 2021
Phone(Xiaomi mi 10 lite 5g miui 12.5.5.0

Hi,
Today i realised that many apps on my phone keep crashing just after i open them(spotify, hbogo, netflix, youtube, even the castorama app) when i try to open said apps it shows a black screen then immediatly goes back to home screen. i dont know why it started doing that or when did it happen. i noticed that if i turn the internet off in my phone and clear all data in spotify and try to open it, the app doesnt crash but as soon as i try to login in crashes, but it cant be a problem with spotify. i tried uninstalling updates to webview and chrome, disabling autofill in google and disabling smart lock in agents(and that did something, spotify doesnt crash on startup but it crashes as i log in) can it be a problem with google? or a miui update? but i dont remember updating today or in a span of two days and it happened in this time. Please help, thanks.

I seem to have a similar issue.....the app used to work and then it would behave as mentioned above and it would not work even with an uninstall/reinstall.

when I load up recovery, I get errors like this:

Error opening: '/data/data/com.snapchat.android/databases/durable_job" (invalid argument)

any ideas on how to fix? wiping the phone seems to solve it but then it's annoying to have to wipe it every time.....

I seem to have a similar issue.....the app used to work and then it would behave as mentioned above and it would not work even with an uninstall/reinstall.

when I load up recovery, I get errors like this:

Error opening: '/data/data/com.snapchat.android/databases/durable_job" (invalid argument)

any ideas on how to fix? wiping the phone seems to solve it but then it's annoying to have to wipe it every time.....
What does recovery has anything to do with this? Completely off-track.

it's the error messages that show up when recovery is loaded and they weren't there when the app was still working

it's the error messages that show up when recovery is loaded and they weren't there when the app was still working
The remark from Igor Eisberg still apply. If your applications crashing create files that your recovery can't open, the focus is the crash, no need to bring the side effects in the discussion.